Nick Powell

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/may/08/everton-david-moyes-crewe-nick-powell

Apparently might be in for this lad. 18yr old midfielder from Crewe Alexandra rated at £3m.

No direct quotes or anything, probably silly season starting already.

Anyone know anything about the lad, anyway?

i saw this aswell,comp with man utd, no offence but i think we have enough bright youngsters, need to concentrate more on our 1st team IMO, think we have enough in the youth to provide half our squad for the next 10 years

Only if he is ready for the first team. Playing time would be our only selling point.

But playing time as an 18 year old from a League Two side, albeit Crewe has a good youth academy, seems like a bit of a stretch.

These days I'm more worried about when we are linked with someone, as it means we e are gonna sell someone big!

You want your best players between 25-28 don't you or something like that? There's been a few articles suggesting half of Uniteds problem is that they hardly have any in that category, with their golden oldies at one end, and quite a few kids at the other.

If you look at us we could be in danger of falling into a similar trap, with only Felli, Jelavic and Baines really regarded as being in their prime.

Think it was North West Tonight the other night who said Spurs were looking at him. Called him the 'new Van Der Vaart'.

Status
Not open for further replies.