• Man's Game Charges A Man's Price

Votes: 37 51.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnydawg68

Chairperson, People's Front of Saint Domingo
We'll competing in 4 competitions next year. Obviously the league comes first, then either Europe or the FA cup, with the league cup last.

With our all conquering U23 squad, and golden generation, should we just treat the league cup as a U23 showcase and go as far as we can with the mighty Toffee yoof?

I like the League Cup better than the FA Cup. It's got a fresh feel, being staged earlier in the season. It often contains emerging talents who are keen to impress. The FA Cup tends to just field the usual suspects from the subs bench.

We'll competing in 4 competitions next year. Obviously the league comes first, then either Europe or the FA cup, with the league cup last.

With our all conquering U23 squad, and golden generation, should we just treat the league cup as a U23 showcase and go as far as we can with the mighty Toffee yoof?

In essence, yes.

And we might actually do better for it.

For me the league is our bread and butter, followed a close 2nd by the EL. It offers UCL qualification and if we could get to the last 16, a very real prospect of winning it. If we were in Man Utd's position, I would be very confident of us winning it now.

Given how difficult it will be to improve on 7th anyway, I would be very happy to finish 7th again next year if it meant winning one of the cups. Ideally that would be the EL and should be our main priority outside of the league.

In essence, yes.

And we might actually do better for it.

For me the league is our bread and butter, followed a close 2nd by the EL. It offers UCL qualification and if we could get to the last 16, a very real prospect of winning it. If I were in Man Utd's position I would be very confident of winning it now.

Given how difficult it will be to improve on 7th anyway, I would be very happy to finish 7th again next year if it meant winning one of the cups. Ideally that would be the EL and should be our main priority outside of the league.

I agree. Trying to stitch together a squad for these games seems counter productive. Why not put an ACTUAL cohesive unit out there? Plus it's a chance to see who's got the right stuff in games that DO matter.

After 22 years with no trophies, no !

We cannot be picky with what silverware we win.
Play your best team in every game, maybe allow for one or two changes for the early round of the League cup.

We need and crave silverware.

Just to expand on my point, I think the problem a lot of teams have is they play too many kids or make too many changes. I believe the best way to utilise the league cup and bring kids through, is to play 9 first teamers and two kids. Preferably like one young centre half next to Jagielka for example. The derby at mordor showed us up when we played Holgate and pennington side by side.

Depends on the opposition. Premier League opposition, play a strong team.

Honestly I think the key for us next year is to not take the group stage of the EL that seriously.

Rotate for that and if we get past the group, then we can think about fielding stronger teams as the stakes get progressively higher.

Rotate players but not a completely young side. I would play 6 or 7 regulars a 2 or 3 of bench maybe give a youngster a start and a couple on bench if we get to quarter finals full strength from there.

I'm all for playing kids and reserves in the league cup, but it has to be balanced with enough first team players to give a better than 50% chance of going through.
No point giving 11 kids one game if you can give 4 kids 5 games

Status
Not open for further replies.