Next shirt sponsor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Id love them as well but Cazoo or a betting company wasnt it?

I had to look cazoo up, I'd never heard of them, they seem to be doing well and planning to invest heavily. The guy who founded them 18 months ago also started lovefim and zoopla before selling them off. So has a track record of building a brand from nothing and selling it on, what better way than sponsoring a football team.

No chance we are getting a sponser for less than before.

Doesnt make sense whatsoever - file under some mischievous Esk wummery.

The concern is that there will be an inevitable drop-off in sponsorship and other revenue generally, due to the pandemic.

In that scenario, the corporate world will just funnel available sponsorship and other cash into safe bets and the gap between the top six and the rest widens still further.

Probably even the fringe top six like Arsenal and Spurs are in danger also in that scenario.

Sorry all. I regret to inform you that we will be nowhere near the top 6 for a long time to come. Our next sponsorship deal will be 23pence over 9 years View attachment 88681
Difficult to imagine we’d accept less than we were getting from sportpesa seeing as we were the ones who ended that agreement early. If we do then very serious questions need to be asked about the capabilities of those involved.

I personally hope a big British car brand steps up. Jaguar, Bentley, Aston Martin...
Jaguar. Indian owned. Struggling massively. likely to ask for government help to stop massive redundancies.
Bentley. German Owned. Doing okay but VW looking to offload their luxury brands. No takers. Would be in serious trouble without group technology support.
Aston Martin. Majority Canadian owned. IPOed at 19GBP and has since nose dived loosing many workers their life savings. Just replaced the CEO. Total nonsense rumours that the new CEO will facilitate a buyout by Daimler.

The whole automotive sector in the UK is about to see some serious restructuring.

To put things into perspective the guy at GM who negotiated the United sponsorship was sacked within the year.

Last edited:
Usmanov’s level of involvement will be confirmed as near blag level if we end up with another jarg betting company that nobody has heard of.

The whole reason that we are continuing to sell our best players and replacing them with crap that nobody else is interested in is because of the supposed consequences of FFP.

Sponsoring Everton is the one clear and easy way to get around that, so if it’s another Keijian job that Kenwright was able to get in 2001 and should really be sponsoring West Brom, then the Usmanov connection is just blag BS. Simple as that.

Usmanov’s level of involvement will be confirmed as near blag level if we end up with another jarg betting company that nobody has heard of.

The whole reason that we are continuing to sell our best players and replacing them with crap that nobody else is interested in is because of the supposed consequences of FFP.

Sponsoring Everton is the one clear and easy way to get around that, so if it’s another Keijian job that Kenwright was able to get in 2001 and should really be sponsoring West Brom, then the Usmanov connection is just blag BS. Simple as that.
His holding company sponsors our training ground. If that's not a clear indication that he's involved or at least helping his mate out, then I don't know what is.

His holding company sponsors our training ground. If that's not a clear indication that he's involved or at least helping his mate out, then I don't know what is.

'Involved'. Its pennies to him and his list of multi-billion pound companies bringing in billions of revenue every year.

As I say, he's wealthier than Abramovich. So if his 'involvement' is sponsoring our training ground for 12 million pound a year, at a time when a 29 year old Walcott costs 20 million, then we need to get real about his 'involvement'.

It's nothing like how Abramovich treated Chelsea, and is in fact near blag level if it it is limited to a 12 million pound sponsorship of the training ground.

'Involved'. Its pennies to him and his list of multi-billion pound companies bringing in billions of revenue every year.

As I say, he's wealthier than Abramovich. So if his 'involvement' is sponsoring our training ground for 12 million pound a year, at a time when a 29 year old Walcott costs 20 million, then we need to get real about his 'involvement'.

It's nothing like how Abramovich treated Chelsea, and is in fact near blag level if it it is limited to a 12 million pound sponsorship of the training ground.
I get what you're saying, but it is a holding company. I can't think of any other sponsorships in football like this, although I might be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.