Next shirt sponsor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Net spend is a bogus measurement, as has been explained multiple times on here. But even putting that aside, if we’d spent at “Abramovich levels”, we’d currently be looking at a points deduction and a European ban.
I wouldn't say net spend is 'bogus' as such. It's not a great measurement because it doesn't take everything into account, but it does give a decent snapshot of what you're doing. In this instance the point was that our biggest outlay this summer was offset by receiving the same amount in return from a sale, which is true and relevant I would say.

I wouldn't say net spend is 'bogus' as such. It's not a great measurement because it doesn't take everything into account, but it does give a decent snapshot of what you're doing. In this instance the point was that our biggest outlay this summer was offset by receiving the same amount in return from a sale, which is true and relevant I would say.
Of course it’s bogus, for exactly the reason you’ve just stayed.

not saying that just gross spend is a useful measure btw, just that neither of them is especially helpful

Of course it’s bogus, for exactly the reason you’ve just stayed.

not saying that just gross spend is a useful measure btw, just that neither of them is especially helpful
What i've just stated is that while it shouldn't be used for in depth financial analysis, it's perfectly fine to use as a basic measurement when posting on an internet forum and not attempting to pass yourself off as an expert. Glad you agree.

What i've just stated is that while it shouldn't be used for in depth financial analysis, it's perfectly fine to use as a basic measurement when posting on an internet forum and not attempting to pass yourself off as an expert. Glad you agree.
What a clever web of words

I don't see how people could possibly disagree. Why on earth would you want to ignore who is being sold and the revenue the sale has generated when assessing investment at a football club?

Ignoring the sale of players, especially when they happen to be your best players, seems a bit demented to me.

Whether its overall spending, FFP, or sponsorship, it all comes down to basic intention with Usmanov. I just don't see him pacing up and down on his yacht, wondering how his accountants can be creative enough to funnel big money into Everton.

His sort don't wait for an invite. Perhaps the stadium being started and completed would alter the investment landscape but as it stands other than the regular due diligence and fit and proper person test, what is stopping Usmanov from stepping up and making his intentions, if they are so gallant and robust towards us, clear?

We are told he is best mates with our current owner. If that isn't the optimal condition to do a deal, then what is?

I personally hope a big British car brand steps up. Jaguar, Bentley, Aston Martin...
Unlikely for anyone at the moment, haven't a lot of these type of car manufacturers had to make people redundant?.

I think they sponsor one PL team but it is just one of those "partnership" deals.

I personally hope a big British car brand steps up. Jaguar, Bentley, Aston Martin...
I would like a luxury brand to sponsor us (pure snobbery) , any of those mentioned, Roles Royce would do, outside of cars I think the Rolex logo would be mint.

I don't see how people could possibly disagree. Why on earth would you want to ignore who is being sold and the revenue the sale has generated when assessing investment at a football club?

Ignoring the sale of players, especially when they happen to be your best players, seems a bit demented to me.
Theres other forms of investment outside of player trading. Manager salaries, facilities, etc

are you thick? the managers chose the players and brands possibly. Bet Carlo attracts the players, stop trying to knock moshiri you fool
That post is the rare instance of a double footed challenge AND a trailing leg! lol

As you say it's just one measure. I mean it doesn't work particularly well for an accounting perspective, and in truth it isn't what football works too (which tends to be depreciation + wages per year costs). You also get clubs like Liverpool, who pay huge agents fees and mis represent fees publicly to create a narrative who undermine it (thats mainly their fans though).

I actually think net spend works better than the standard use they have. Footballers don't lose all value every 4 years then re-set again. It works well for machinery, but I prefer an analysis of footballers that their value is about what people pay (albeit they do lose value in thelast 2 years).

The issue with Abramovich and Everton isn't primarily about net spend though. Our gross to netspend ratio I imagine would be similar to early Chelsea (though I haven't checked). The best measure for me would be around inflation within the game. We have spent 100-200m at a time when the league spend 1500-2000m. Chelsea spent 1-200m at a time when the league spent 3-500m. I mean the inflation has been 4-5 times in that period. So a similar level of spend just doesn't go as far. I'd say that was the key difference. Our investment level is closer to Leeds (pre their collapse).

If you have some need to pretend that our net expenditure has come anywhere close to Abramovich levels then I can't help you mate. It hasn't.

You would need to ignore who has been sold in order to come to such a conclusion, but that would just result in some kind of delusional belief.

You have to acknowledge who has been sold if you are going to compare net expenditure, I'm afraid.

oh my god. I didn’t say it has YET but it will

Status
Not open for further replies.