Next shirt sponsor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I presume it’s from The Daily Mirror. Either way, I’m hoping they look like morons once again when we reveal our actual sponsor, and not the producer of our kits, as they have clearly confused the two. Much like when they were gutted we signed Ancelotti rather than Mark Hughes.
It was from the Daily Mail so it must be true....:oops:

Well I’m glad that you agree that the relaxation of FFP should lead to Abramovich levels of spending from our de facto owner; so we will finally be signing quality and not turds that wouldn’t have got into our first team 10 years ago.

I don’t know, I think Moshiri does have a history of selling our best players and replacing them with real dross. He did it with Stones, Lukaku, Barkley and Gueye.
They all wanted to leave though.We got a fair bit of cash for Stones and Rom. Barkley screwed us over not moving on deadline day for 35m then leaving later for 15m. Gueye wanted to go to PSG but was professional enough not to kick off during the season. Unless you expected Moshiri to let them walk for nothing in a year or so I don't know what you want Moshiri to do. The issue with our best players leaving won't be solved until we start getting CL and/or winning cups. Moshiri has spent massive amounts just on all the coaching salaries (due to some terrible appointments tbf) and I'm sure Carlo is on a decent wedge. The issue hasn't been the level of investment. It's been the mis-hires at manager,

Regarding the shirt sponsor whoever offers the most money is who it should be. Otherwise I could care less.

Well I’m glad that you agree that the relaxation of FFP should lead to Abramovich levels of spending from our de facto owner; so we will finally be signing quality and not turds that wouldn’t have got into our first team 10 years ago.

I don’t know, I think Moshiri does have a history of selling our best players and replacing them with real dross. He did it with Stones, Lukaku, Barkley and Gueye.

no mate the MANAGERS HAVE. moshiri has backed us to the hilt with anyone our managers here have wanted, let’s see who Carlo gets in

no mate the MANAGERS HAVE. moshiri has backed us to the hilt with anyone our managers here have wanted, let’s see who Carlo gets in

You seem to have a problem with our owners being compared with Abramovich. Why can't you just accept that our owner's spending hasn't been in the same league as that of Abramovich?

You seem to have a problem with our owners being compared with Abramovich. Why can't you just accept that our owner's spending hasn't been in the same league as that of Abramovich?

wtf lad? lol no I don’t we will probably soon be the third biggest spenders in the league and moshiri hasnt even been Here long.

wtf lad? lol no I don’t we will probably soon be the third biggest spenders in the league and moshiri hasnt even been Here long.

Great, we can finally look forward to a proper summer of elite level spending then, and not signing the likes of Iwobi for 30 million.

Great, we can finally look forward to a proper summer of elite level spending then, and not signing the likes of Iwobi for 30 million.

You can't just walk into the shop and buy the best footballer on the shelves. It's a two way thing and they have to believe in it and want to come. We had to pay average footballers large amounts to come here because there are loads more clubs out there that can offer more (career/trophy wise). FFP stops anyone now paying City 250k + pw and the upfront fees (and remember that was in 2010) kind of money before the business side has caught up.

are you thick? the managers chose the players and brands possibly. Bet Carlo attracts the players, stop trying to knock moshiri you fool

Again, you seem to have a problem with the fact that our net expenditure hasn't been in the same league of Abramovich's. Some people believe this has been because of FFP. If FFP is relaxed, we should finally be able to progress to elite level expenditure, and move on from selling Gueye and buying Iwobi.

Again, you seem to have a problem with the fact that our net expenditure hasn't been in the same league of Abramovich's. Some people believe this has been because of FFP. If FFP is relaxed, we should finally be able to progress to elite level expenditure, and move on from selling Gueye and buying Iwobi.

That really is the ultimate question as far as our future is concerned. But I'm skeptical regarding Usmanovs true intentions towards us, and if the current arrangement is just little more than a pal's act with him and Moshiri, with Moshiri retaining the train set out of little more than vanity. Funding stadium naming rights and sponsorship deals to the current levels, whilst welcome and important, are really only small beer overall..

We have certainly, and very unfortunately, wasted a lot of cash by our standards in recent times.

You can't argue against the benefits of prudent transfer spending and general good management, but by the same token, I find it hard to see us ever again dining at the top table, without significant investment that only the likes of Usmanov could deliver.

it’s the managers who chose. Stop making out we sold gueye to sign iwobi or sold to buy anyone we never so stop the bull

it’s the managers who chose. Stop making out we sold gueye to sign iwobi or sold to buy anyone we never so stop the bull

If you have some need to pretend that our net expenditure has come anywhere close to Abramovich levels then I can't help you mate. It hasn't.

You would need to ignore who has been sold in order to come to such a conclusion, but that would just result in some kind of delusional belief.

You have to acknowledge who has been sold if you are going to compare net expenditure, I'm afraid.

If you have some need to pretend that our net expenditure has come anywhere close to Abramovich levels then I can't help you mate. It hasn't.

You would need to ignore who has been sold in order to come to such a conclusion, but that would just result in some kind of delusional belief.

You have to acknowledge who has been sold if you are going to compare net expenditure, I'm afraid.
Net spend is a bogus measurement, as has been explained multiple times on here. But even putting that aside, if we’d spent at “Abramovich levels”, we’d currently be looking at a points deduction and a European ban.

Net spend is a bogus measurement, as has been explained multiple times on here. But even putting that aside, if we’d spent at “Abramovich levels”, we’d currently be looking at a points deduction and a European ban.

I'm not sure net spend is bogus, tbh. You can't just ignore the sale of your best players when assessing the impact of investment in the playing squad.

I've yet to see any premier league club receive such punishment for breaking FFP rules. City are supposedly going to be banned from Europe, but it's yet to be confirmed and it will be no surprise at all if they are not. But even if they are, I'd take their progress in exchange for that level of punishment any day of the week. It's a far better deal then being eternal mid-table no-marks for ever more.

It will be interesting to see what happens with City, some people believe that their legal arguments could render FFP invalid. In which case, we should be expecting Abramovich levels of investment, seeing as our de facto owner is wealthier than Abramovich.

Status
Not open for further replies.