Next shirt sponsor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
To service debt they may have to sell, and if there's only a handfull of clubs capable of spending big then it's obvious what's going to have to happen.
True, but it still doesn't make sense for their long term prospects to have more competition at the top level.

My feeling is if it gets really bad they'll push harder for a Super League where they can sell fresh TV rights and get a huge cash windfall.

True, but it still doesn't make sense for their long term prospects to have more competition at the top level.

My feeling is if it gets really bad they'll push harder for a Super League where they can sell fresh TV rights and get a huge cash windfall.
I don't see a super league working, maybe for a few years, but English teams won't be long coming crawling back hoping to be reinstated on the league. Super league won't be fun for them once Barcelona and Real start hoovering up every top player and win it every year.

Just saw they are sponsoring Rangers. Says it a Merseyside company. Got to be honest I've never heard of them

Yep, thats what I was thinking - a local brand (Ive know of them for about a year, they sponsor Andy Murray) and they say they are targeting big clubs that dont get the attention off nike or adidas. Rangers for one and it would make sense for Everton to be another.

I don't see a super league working, maybe for a few years, but English teams won't be long coming crawling back hoping to be reinstated on the league. Super league won't be fun for them once Barcelona and Real start hoovering up every top player and win it every year.
I'm not sure that's how it will necessarily go. I can see a scenario where it is so rich that they can do a salary cap that makes it competitive within the league but is so astronomically high that players won't be able to make more playing in the remaining domestic leagues.

Regardless it isn't for the fans it is for the owners and they'll be happy enough to roll in the billions from the TV rights even if they lose more.

It won't stop me from watching the games or whatever but I'd rather they brought back the 13/14 badge before wearing yellow socks with the blue kit.

The last few years they've gotten it right to me. Different home kits but not anything to crazy so that it doesn't look good. Then go nuts on the away and third kit to try and sell that.

I think you are on your own regarding the badge 13/14. Personally I think we should keep the current badge for 10 year minimum before looking to update it, I think it can confuse people if you keep "re-branding". Having said that I wouldn't mind if we had the current badge as the main badge, but had the 83 to 91 crest on the kits

Yep, thats what I was thinking - a local brand (Ive know of them for about a year, they sponsor Andy Murray) and they say they are targeting big clubs that dont get the attention off nike or adidas. Rangers for one and it would make sense for Everton to be another.
Would prefer them to the likes of Hummel if I’m honest. Don’t think we’d get a template kit either.

Just saw they are sponsoring Rangers. Says it a Merseyside company. Got to be honest I've never heard of them

There was a big store due to open on Manesty's Lane in L1 around about this time but obviously Corona has delayed it. Don't think I've ever seen anyone wear their clobber.

Granted I haven't bought running shirt/shorts in a while but damn their prices are high!

I was flipping through the lookbook and apparently this guy couldn't afford both the shirt and shorts

Screen Shot 2020-05-18 at 1.07.43 PM.png

Granted I haven't bought running shirt/shorts in a while but damn their prices are high!
They must be trying to do it as a premium brand. When I was a fashion afficinardo in the late 70s got the train a few times to london. Remember going to selfridges and buying 2 ellesse t-shirts for about £40 each. Wow that was my dole gone for 8 weeks but at least I was fashionable when I signed on!

Wonder if they did how much would the kit be if they are a premium brand

Wonder if they did how much would the kit be if they are a premium brand
Kits are expensive enough while being made out of rubbish material in a sweat shop in china, no way I'll be paying much more for a kit just because it's got a premium maker.

They must be trying to do it as a premium brand. When I was a fashion afficinardo in the late 70s got the train a few times to london. Remember going to selfridges and buying 2 ellesse t-shirts for about £40 each. Wow that was my dole gone for 8 weeks but at least I was fashionable when I signed on!

I hope they were sleeveless mesh, or was that a few years later?

Status
Not open for further replies.