Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Southampton fans saying the players hate him - I saw an interview with Davis on the last day of the season - he expressly said that the players absolutely love playing for him. If he was disliked then why go out of your way to say that? Results have backed it up too. We have seen with our own eyes what a team does when the respect for the manager has gone.
Good.

Players don't need to like the manager, just respect him.

I hope he is like Fergie who had no qualms about kicking a football boot into Golden Boy's face.

Like you I'm sceptical about some of it, and I'm sure The Esk is right about the timings in the article about when Everton approached and Koemans interest being purely superficial are wrong. However the stuff purely focused on Southampton, his relationship with the players, the Board telling him in January about there concerns, all tie in with what our ITK's have been telling us, and which personally I can believe.

The piece was written through rose tinted glasses, so it is bias, and may not be entirely factually correct, but I think there is some substance to some of it, and naturally you're reading it through blue tinted glasses as well!

Very true regarding perspectives.

I've no doubt there have been some problems between the manager, players and board. I think you have to expect that wherever you go.

The other stuff is just nonsense though.

Who do you lot fancy as a replacement?

I heard/read ages ago (annoyingly I can't remember or find the exact source but think it was a poster called 'Garence' off the people's forum) that Koeman was first choice and that if he comes to us Southampton will be after Eddie Howe. Any truth do you think? Would be an interesting appointment given you set up I think.

Like you I'm sceptical about some of it, and I'm sure The Esk is right about the timings in the article about when Everton approached and Koemans interest being purely superficial are wrong. However the stuff purely focused on Southampton, his relationship with the players, the Board telling him in January about there concerns, all tie in with what our ITK's have been telling us, and which personally I can believe.

The piece was written through rose tinted glasses, so it is bias, and may not be entirely factually correct, but I think there is some substance to some of it, and naturally you're reading it through blue tinted glasses as well!

Is the bit about tying the fitness coach up in his boot and driving him against his will to the desolate wilderness of the north true mate ?

Managers fall out with players all the time did it concern you a lot when you finished 6th and he said he was staying ?

Southampton fans saying the players hate him - I saw an interview with Davis on the last day of the season - he expressly said that the players absolutely love playing for him. If he was disliked then why go out of your way to say that? Results have backed it up too. We have seen with our own eyes what a team does when the respect for the manager has gone.
Ofcourse they are...they say all kinds of stupid and untrue things about our manager. It's they way of coping. Theyre hurting like hell. Two weeks ago - for them - Koeman was genius whos next job would be Arsenal or Barca.

Very true regarding perspectives.

I've no doubt there have been some problems between the manager, players and board. I think you have to expect that wherever you go.

The other stuff is just nonsense though.

Who do you lot fancy as a replacement?

I heard/read ages ago (annoyingly I can't remember or find the exact source but think it was a poster called 'Garence' off the people's forum) that Koeman was first choice and that if he comes to us Southampton will be after Eddie Howe. Any truth do you think? Would be an interesting appointment given you set up I think.
I haven't got the foggiest mate, but I trust the board to get the right man in for the job, according the post being discussed, we have a few potential options, but none of the ones being linked in the press, will probably be a name out of left field I have never heard of!

Status
Not open for further replies.