Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
At the end of the season, Koeman verbally agreed to a new contract with Saints, even down to such details as what players would be leaving [Wanyama (most likely to Spurs), Pelle (most likely to Lazio), Juanmi (to Sociadad, already done) lol, I didn't even know he had gone!
animated-smileys-laughing-096.gif
and Mane (most likely to Man. Utd)] -- as well as discussing our transfer targets into the Club. This was all verbally agreed upon, leaving the finer details of Ron's actual contract itself to be sorted by his agent and settled when he returned from [his first] holiday.

Whilst he was away however, Everton approached Ronald's [now former] Agent, Guido Albers, to sound him out on Ronald's interest in taking up the Everton Job. His agent, taking Ronald at his word - "I like to honour my contract, I like to shtay at Saints" - [bear in mind that the agent had been involved in negotiating Ronald's new Saints contract, and therefore believed that he wished to stay] flatly turned down the Everton approach on behalf of Ronald, and instead put forward the name of another of his clients, Frank De Boer, who was indeed interested in the Everton job. [Two agent pay-days for the price of one!]
smiley-lou_wink2.gif

Everton, having already been turned down by their first choice, Unai Emery from Sevilla [who is off to PSG] were determined to get their second choice [Ronald Koeman] -- and so used Dutch agent Rob Jansen to approach Ronald with an "offer he could not refuse" -- i.e. £6-7 mill a year, and £100m transfer kitty to splash. Ronald was furious that his own agent [Albers] had refused the offer without even speaking to him first, and sacked him, taking on Rob Jansen in his place. And here is where things get interesting.

http://sotonians.com/chat/saints-next-manager?p=8

Shame the lad that posted that has got all his facts, dates and sequences of events wrong, good but ultimately false story nevertheless.

Shame the lad that posted that has got all his facts, dates and sequences of events wrong, good but ultimately false story nevertheless.
He's gone to great efforts to make all that up, some out it may seem plausible, other stated "facts" can be proved to be false.

That was actually a really good read and well presented and seemed sincere enough to me.

That has me slightly worried, one of the constant criticisms of him has been the lack of interest in youth and that tallied up with that notion as well.

If I can wonder why we are going for Koeman when we have the resources we have now, I can definitely imagine Southamptons board not exactly being in panic stations in all the negotiations about the thought of losing him.

Will fully support the new manager of course, but still feel very meh about it all.

Thanks @The Esk, so was there any truth in what that "Jack Schitt" said or was it all pretty much garbage? It'd be worrying if a lot of it was true...

Status
Not open for further replies.