Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Said it before, but maybe the Saints youth just isn't good enough? Did very well with the Feyenoord academy.
I hope so mate. Ive wanted Koeman since the start of this. I hope that what that lad wrote was all BS I just thought it was really well put across, tied up a lot of loose ends (like the bit why he sacked his agent and why he hasn't been announced) plus he seemed to have the respect of his fellow posters. Which on a forum is alway important, when deciding who to trust.

I wonder if Koeman signing has been delayed on purpose so that the releasing of the Osman etc doesn't reflect bad on him?

I hope so mate. Ive wanted Koeman since the start of this. I hope that what that lad wrote was all BS I just thought it was really well put across, tied up a lot of loose ends (like the bit why he sacked his agent and why he hasn't been announced) plus he seemed to have the respect of his fellow posters. Which on a forum is alway important, when deciding who to trust.
Well that's no doubt true and that's also why I'm totally relaxed about it. The Esk does have my total respect. Koeman will be unveiled as the Everton manager this coming week, I'm convinced of that. Also the not signing any players from Soton clause is no doubt illegal and won't stand in court.

At the end of the season, Koeman verbally agreed to a new contract with Saints, even down to such details as what players would be leaving [Wanyama (most likely to Spurs), Pelle (most likely to Lazio), Juanmi (to Sociadad, already done) lol, I didn't even know he had gone!
animated-smileys-laughing-096.gif
and Mane (most likely to Man. Utd)] -- as well as discussing our transfer targets into the Club. This was all verbally agreed upon, leaving the finer details of Ron's actual contract itself to be sorted by his agent and settled when he returned from [his first] holiday.

Whilst he was away however, Everton approached Ronald's [now former] Agent, Guido Albers, to sound him out on Ronald's interest in taking up the Everton Job. His agent, taking Ronald at his word - "I like to honour my contract, I like to shtay at Saints" - [bear in mind that the agent had been involved in negotiating Ronald's new Saints contract, and therefore believed that he wished to stay] flatly turned down the Everton approach on behalf of Ronald, and instead put forward the name of another of his clients, Frank De Boer, who was indeed interested in the Everton job. [Two agent pay-days for the price of one!]
smiley-lou_wink2.gif

Everton, having already been turned down by their first choice, Unai Emery from Sevilla [who is off to PSG] were determined to get their second choice [Ronald Koeman] -- and so used Dutch agent Rob Jansen to approach Ronald with an "offer he could not refuse" -- i.e. £6-7 mill a year, and £100m transfer kitty to splash. Ronald was furious that his own agent [Albers] had refused the offer without even speaking to him first, and sacked him, taking on Rob Jansen in his place. And here is where things get interesting.

http://sotonians.com/chat/saints-next-manager?p=8

If that post on Sotonians is true then that's very, very concerning. Talking about a manager that doesn't even want to be here and got very lucky this season. And one who is a horrible [Poor language removed] to boot with his players hating him.

I'd rather have a manager who wants the job over one who's just coming here because the Southampton board are skint - de Boer for example and I don't even think he's an upgrade on Martinez. Scenario absolutely reeks of Moyes and United.

Well that's no doubt true and that's also why I'm totally relaxed about it. The Esk does have my total respect. Koeman will be unveiled as the Everton manager this coming week, I'm convinced of that. Also the not signing any players from Soton clause is no doubt illegal and won't stand in court.
That's a fair point. I 100% believe he will be our next manager never doubted it.

If that post on Sotonians is true then that's very, very concerning. Talking about a manager that doesn't even want to be here and got very lucky this season. And one who is a horrible [Poor language removed] to boot with his players hating him.

I'd rather have a manager who wants the job over one who's just coming here because the Southampton board are skint - de Boer for example and I don't even think he's an upgrade on Martinez. Scenario absolutely reeks of Moyes and United.

To be fair, the one we've just got rid of was happy to belittle a supporter who had the audacity to challenge him at an U-21 game and fell out with virtually every senior player.

To be that successful these individuals usually have to have strong, even rampant egos (he was a top tier player before a top tier manager) and they don't get there by being nicey nicey to everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.