Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only issue I have part of our fan base will be on our new manager back as soon as we lose game, make the wrong sub or play the wrong formation in the first season and start spamming these forums.

WE ARE NOT GOING TO GET THE PEFEFCT MANAGER, not in the state we are right now. How long did it take city to get Pep?

ARE OU SAYING PEP IS THE OERFECT MANAGER ?
Really ?
His stated ambition always to win the CL not really a perfect record there has he ?

the perfect manager is the one who sees the potential of his club and had the vision leadership skill and footballing nous to blend his dreams with those expectations if the club and the fans and take them in a journey .... A real journey (unlike sadly the journey Roberto thought he was on with us )

Pep may become the perfect manager for City but time is the arbiter
similarly RK may become the perfect manager for us too

Hmm maybe
Our club does seem to do things the correct way, get permission from the club then speak to the player but I do hope we have spoke to Koeman agent behind the scenes.

The way most deals are done nowadays us via third parties (agents) who can freely talk to each other and reach agreements which are then subject to a formal approach. We will have agreed financial terms with Koeman's agent and told his agent all about the package on offer. Koeman doesn't need to meet mosh or anyone else from Everton as he already knows what our offer is.

Its very rare you speak to a Club about a player/manager without knowing whether the player/manager is keen to join, its just a waste of time. We've clearly struck a deal with Koeman through his agent and are now talking to Southampton about how much we owe them. Once thats done, Ronald will sign the contract that he's already pretty much agreed.

image.jpeg
I like this.

I'd be made with Koeman. We can't compete with the lure of PSG and Manure at the moment, so it's just hardlines if Emery and Mourinho fancied them over us. Koeman defo ticks loads of boxes for me and he seems arrogant enough to rid the squad of the sentimentality and mediocrity that has undermined our terrific support for the vast majority of my lifetime.

He's got a tune out of the signings at Southampton- [Poor language removed] van Diyk, Forster, Mane and Tadic have looked great. Let's hope he can do something similar at Everton.

I think the days of playing slow right footed players on the left wing might be over.

I went to see The Boss yesterday and Im still on Coventry. Thought next time I logged on we would have our own boss! BBC News is saying we haven't even spoken to Koeman, only to Southampton. What's going on?

I went to see The Boss yesterday and Im still on Coventry. Thought next time I logged on we would have our own boss! BBC News is saying we haven't even spoken to Koeman, only to Southampton. What's going on?

Whats going on is Everton have struck a deal with Koeman and his agent. We don't need to speak with Southampton. Now tho we have to sort some compensation out for them.

Love that post and those stats are really quite telling, highest win percentage, highest points gained per game average, more goals scored per game and least goals conceded per game...
I had a few pangs of disappointment on Thursday when it became apparent it wasn't going to be Emery, but bang up for Koeman now.
Anyone know how those stats hold up against Emery's la Liga record?
I know Emery's cup stats would be way better however.

When was the last time we hired a manager from a club above us in the table? Was Walker's Norwich finishing above Everton?

Status
Not open for further replies.