Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't that down to Les Reed?

Only the good ones in Zat's book. Any good players are down to Reed, any bad ones are down to Koeman. Basically the opposite of what he thought when Martinez was here, any good player we had was down to Martinez, all the squad's problems were down to Moyes and Kenwright.

Also koeman isn't good enough?

The media and general football consensus is that he is waiting to get a call from arsenal or Barcelona.

So if everyone thinks he is barca bound one day, certain fans are saying he isn't good enough for us?

This is lukaku all over again. Slagging him off in here and when he goes on to play for a top club and score even more goals it will really hit home how good a player we had to some.

We'll be starting the new season with a far better manager than we had last season, we know we've got good players and will have money to build on the squad. This is a far better position to be in than we've been for a long time. Let's take a holiday from the moaning.

People talking about him spending £100 Million. He had to use that to rebuild a squad. Now I understand a lot going out of contract so we will need to bulk the squad up a bit but I imagine he will be mainly spending the £100+ Million on players that accompany the great talent we already have plus the younger lads. I imagine he will also be looking at a different calibre of players as well

No, there is still work to be done particularly with Southampton but it will be done...

What formalities now have to occur? Do we formally approach Southampton for permission to speak to Koeman (which we already seem to have done!); then agree a compensation package for the remaining year of his contract. Is there any risk that Southampton can turn round and say get lost?

Status
Not open for further replies.