Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is the biggest issue, the lack of spirit, togetherness, and unity in the squad. They all look like strangers. No characters amongst them with the possible exception of a few.

It's actually a bigger problem than the footballing issues. I still think we have enough "decent" players but we have very little fight and no leadership.

It should not be a huge task for a manager to get us organised enough to ensure we stay up as a minimum. But working with this group of players, getting through to them psychologically and fostering some harmony may be a much bigger task.

I would not want to go into battle with our squad.
Seamus cant come back soon enough. Even Ross & Bolaise may give the team a lift. Massive job for any manager imo. Club seems broken from the top down

somehow i dont think there is a 3 man shortlist and if there was,its probably been that for weeks,its just that they said it after what happened after yesterday to calm the fans down a touch,would have been nice if there was any idea who the so called 3 are [bet Unswoorths on it]

The Move us to a safer position comment suggests to me it will be an appointment till the end of the season and that the main target will come in in the Summer.Just my thoughts like.
I think someone like Hiddink unless Sam has agreed to a short term which I doubt. If we were willing to throw a wedge of 12m out for Silva, they could give someone like Hiddink the cash they want for the season with bonuses and then get whoever it is they want (probably Silva) come summer.

If Dyche was not on an original shortlist, I'd be surprised if he is now on a shortlist.

He must know that he is about 14th choice and that the huge majority of Toffees fans do not want him.

Also, he has had a good run of results since Koeman was sacked and might want a top half finish with Burnley to enhance his reputation.
Chill mate it won't be Dyche right now. It'll most likely be a short term appointment like Sam or Hiddink etc

If we are seemingly getting closer to an appointment then I'm glad but also very nervous at the same time.

Whoever is brought in will be taking over at the most critical time for the club in 20 years.

Not much of a margin for error at present, just hope whoever it is can get a lift both on and off the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.