Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A win a loss and a draw. A better sequence than his predecessor.

If you only care about league results.

If you don’t, then it’s three loses, a win and a draw. Without a lot of luck if could easily have been 5 loses.

In Koeman’s fourth to last league game he won. If we don’t beat Southampton, Unsworth’s sequence will be no better. Will you then change your opinion?

We got those goals by pressuring the opposition.

It hasn't been pretty, but then again if you had a new man in from outside would you expect that and to clear up the catastrophic mess of Koeman's reign in 3 PL games?
He failed to clear up the catastrophic mess from martinez's reign....god help whoever comes in now be it Silva, Pulis etc. How much money will we throw around in Jan to buy players from premier clubs who will demand inflated prices as they know we are desperate? Total and utter shambles

Im not so sure mate, in fact i would have significant concerns, taking the personalities out of it and looking at it objectively, what has been his approach? Essentially he has hit the reset button and gone back to basics, attitude and passion as much as it musterable amongst the squad. Personally i think there s a new direction sheen that will slowly wear off, it hasnt been like the results have been terrific four point in four games wont be enough to see us through and to be honest we have had to dig results out rather then shown anything dominant. The squad hasn't evolved and a style of play still seems very loose and without identitiy.

I like Unsworth for all the obvious reasons, but i would have concerns if he was given the role until the end of the season.

Well Mate it is all very debateable which way to go.. ATM we seem to be playing the RM idea score more goals or the same and you can't lose!
For me I would be brave, start playing Holgate with Keane, dropping Williams and Jags to the bench, recall Galloway and get Onerykuru from loan if we can get a work permit. Come Janusry give Garbutt a try and drop Baines. Forget Scneids and Mirallas concentrate on Gana, Rooney, Davis, Bangthemin, and lastly Siggs. Upfront DCL, Niasse, Lookman and Lennon. But I emphasize that is me thinking.

Pity though I am too old to take up management, have to leave it to someone else. As for the new chappie it seems to be a case pf putting a hand in a bag and seeing what name comes out.

Last edited:

I share the reservations on Unsworth and I've stated it a few times.

But with additions in January he'd get us toward midtable. Dont forget, he's had hardly any training time with this squad. He'll get players back too like Coleman.

If the board said right now: "we go with Unsworth until the summer", I'd take it. I'd be 100% confident he'd take us to summer in tact and ready for a new manager to come in.

If Silva cant be secured I dont want any "interim" manager from outside, that's for sure.

If you were Moshiri Dave

Would you give an interim manager enough wedge to sort out our defence and attack, knowing full well that a new , permanent manager would be coming in the summer?

And, that manager would no doubt demand significant funds be made available, so he could get the players he wants in.

It just doesn't make good business sense to me at all.

We need to get a permanent replacement in now, let him assess the squad for himself, and begin planning for the January window.

It is abundantly clear that David Unsworth is not being considered as full time manager.
It seems also very clear that he isn't wanted as interim manager until the summer as that could be put in place by now and Silva or some other manager could come in at a fraction of the cost that it will take to recruit Silva now.

However, I cannot see how anybody can say that after what they have seen in the last few weeks that David Unsworth isn't up to the job.
He came into the job when the team was a complete basket case with no confidence and no obvious team plan. He has steadied the ship , he has helped us pick up some points which are all important, he certainly has the players trying their best, but it will take some time to develop a cohesive team structure that can defend as well as attack cohesively.

I think this is true of any manager that is appointed.

100% commitment from the first team squad + January additions + Coleman to come back = mid-table finish.

Funes Mori, Barkley, Bolasie, McCarthy plus Coleman. 5 first team peak age players there to come back. Unsworth after the weekend will have played 5 out of 6 games away from home. If he gets anything from Soton Unsworth will have steadied the ship, and be looking at a run of home games.

If you were Moshiri Dave

Would you give an interim manager enough wedge to sort out our defence and attack, knowing full well that a new , permanent manager would be coming in the summer?

And, that manager would no doubt demand significant funds be made available, so he could get the players he wants in.

We need to get a permanent replacement in now, let him assess the squad for himself, and begin planning for the January window.

Very good point in response to Dave. Methinks we could manage with January buying with the players we have, both young and old if they are used better.

So, Dyche's Burnley are above Silva Watford in the table.
Dyche has won two promotions with Burnley, knows the country and the premier league. Aware of the history of Everton. Shown to be a man of loyalty and an ability to plan and build and improve an entire squad over successive seasons.
Plays better football than anyone wishes to admit (see Jack Corks goal v Swansea; and Hendricks goal v Everton).

I would bet any money there Dyche was the sexy foreigner, and Silva was ginger bloke with a voice like a cement mixer - people would have a different opinion. Dyche's CV is better than Silva and more suited for Everton.
Anyone that thinks that Everton are capable of getting a "champions league quality" manager from this position needs to give their head a shake. We need to reestablish as a 5/6th certainty and then kick on. I would rather take Dyche for this role than Silva (and unfortunately Unsworth).

This, all day long.

If you were Moshiri Dave

I think that the spending of money in the transfer window is the big argument against any interim manager being appointed.

Last two games we'd have been buried under Koeman with those deficits we had to claw back. Under Unsworth - because the players want it for him - they pulled it around and took 4 of the 6 points.

It's ridiculous to deny he's got them motivated.
Rubbish. The ref gifted us a pen and they gifted us the 2nd goal against Palace. There was literally no way we were getting back in that game without outside help. There was nothing to suggest the players were playing better or working harder for "Unsy". And Watford? Same thing. Gifted it to us. They could, and should, have been out of sight but they took their foot off the gas and we clawed it back. But that was the last 20 minutes and even then we conspired to hand it back to them. Good job Tom Snivelley snatched the ball from his team mate is all I can say.

There's literally no evidence that "Unsy" can cut it at this level. None.

Status
Not open for further replies.