• Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just one, unmitigated mess.

I am actually ashamed of the club right now.

It looks like we have been eyeballed by poxy Watford over a manager who missed the equivalent of a six inch golf putt to save his team from relegation last season.

Eighteen short months ago it all looked so different when the new owner came in.

Instead it has descended into farce.

We are fast becoming the laughing stock of the Premier League.

We are no closer to finding a replacement for Koeman now, than we were the day we sacked him.

The club is an absolute shambles at the moment, i'm sorry to say.

Whats that saying? "Nero fiddled while Rome burned?"

Well change that to "Moshiri and Kenwright dithered while Everton self imploded."

I think we need to define terms here with Unsworth.

I suspect, given the games seen so far (which are pretty limited) that Unsworth is no tactical genius. However, he would get us through this season if we were forced to keep him in position. He IS "up to it" in that respect. He has the respect of the players and they'll put 100% in for him. Add a striker and a CB in January and the job of getting up the table is assured. Then next summer we can hire a manager long term.

There's no need to panic. The dogged performances of the last two PL games underline that we'll get near enough half the points still available - especially with said additions alluded to above.

Im not so sure mate, in fact i would have significant concerns, taking the personalities out of it and looking at it objectively, what has been his approach? Essentially he has hit the reset button and gone back to basics, attitude and passion as much as it musterable amongst the squad. Personally i think there s a new direction sheen that will slowly wear off, it hasnt been like the results have been terrific four point in four games wont be enough to see us through and to be honest we have had to dig results out rather then shown anything dominant. The squad hasn't evolved and a style of play still seems very loose and without identitiy.

I like Unsworth for all the obvious reasons, but i would have concerns if he was given the role until the end of the season.

Do you actually think this is true? Jack Corks goal at the weekend was at the end of 10 pass move. Burnleys goal at Goodison was even better
Its an easy stick to beat him with but I have seen them play good football with a very limited squad. Yes sometime there are ugly wins but digging out victories are important for teams like Burnley.
I am not advocating him for the role but Dyche has done enough to show he deserves a chance a bigger club.

They've got the lowest passing, pass accuracy and possession stats in the league. And one of the highest long ball percentages.

West Brom are likely to hire a decent appointment before we do

West Brom will go for the easy option.

Regardless of what you think of Watford and their stature, like any Club in World Football they are never going to let their manager go mid-season without a fight.

Im not so sure mate, in fact i would have significant concerns, taking the personalities out of it and looking at it objectively, what has been his approach? Essentially he has hit the reset button and gone back to basics, attitude and passion as much as it musterable amongst the squad. Personally i think there s a new direction sheen that will slowly wear off, it hasnt been like the results have been terrific four point in four games wont be enough to see us through and to be honest we have had to dig results out rather then shown anything dominant. The squad hasn't evolved and a style of play still seems very loose and without identitiy.

I like Unsworth for all the obvious reasons, but i would have concerns if he was given the role until the end of the season.
I share the reservations on Unsworth and I've stated it a few times.

But with additions in January he'd get us toward midtable. Dont forget, he's had hardly any training time with this squad. He'll get players back too like Coleman.

If the board said right now: "we go with Unsworth until the summer", I'd take it. I'd be 100% confident he'd take us to summer in tact and ready for a new manager to come in.

If Silva cant be secured I dont want any "interim" manager from outside, that's for sure.

Last two games we'd have been buried under Koeman with those deficits we had to claw back. Under Unsworth - because the players want it for him - they pulled it around and took 4 of the 6 points.

It's ridiculous to deny he's got them motivated.

Look at the goals we’ve scored in the last two games. We’ve hardly had to fight for them, they’ve been absolute gifts. It was a combination of the referee and Speroni that got us back into the game on Saturday rather than our efforts.

Unsworth has started okay points wise but new managers generally get more points when they first start because of a “bounce” factor. If this is a honeymoon period then that is incredibly worrying because it’s a pretty terrible honeymoon.

I share the reservations on Unsworth and I've stated it a few times.

But with additions in January he'd get us toward midtable. Dont forget, he's had hardly any training time with this squad. He'll get players back too like Coleman.

If the board said right now: "we go with Unsworth until the summer", I'd take it. I'd be 100% confident he'd take us to summer in tact and ready for a new manager to come in.

If Silva cant be secured I dont want any "interim" manager from outside, that's for sure.

I take your points mate and im relatively open minded on it given the options of a new manager that are open to us, yet i do believe it its a risk and have concerns.

The crucial thing is the January window, if we leave that without a striker we are toast, its one of the most decisions facing Everton i a very long time, if they dont have a list of at least 50 names and arent already negotiating deals their needs to be a fan led coup. None of this player with potential stuff, nuts and bolts we need someone capable of ten PL goals between Jan and then end of the season, dont care what it costs or what premium we have to pay, such is the cost of previous poor decisions.

So, Dyche's Burnley are above Silva Watford in the table.
Dyche has won two promotions with Burnley, knows the country and the premier league. Aware of the history of Everton. Shown to be a man of loyalty and an ability to plan and build and improve an entire squad over successive seasons.
Plays better football than anyone wishes to admit (see Jack Corks goal v Swansea; and Hendricks goal v Everton).

I would bet any money there Dyche was the sexy foreigner, and Silva was ginger bloke with a voice like a cement mixer - people would have a different opinion. Dyche's CV is better than Silva and more suited for Everton.
Anyone that thinks that Everton are capable of getting a "champions league quality" manager from this position needs to give their head a shake. We need to reestablish as a 5/6th certainty and then kick on. I would rather take Dyche for this role than Silva (and unfortunately Unsworth).

Look at the goals we’ve scored in the last two games. We’ve hardly had to fight for them, they’ve been absolute gifts. It was a combination of the referee and Speroni that got us back into the game on Saturday rather than our efforts.

Unsworth has started okay points wise but new managers generally get more points when they first start because of a “bounce” factor. If this is a honeymoon period then that is incredibly worrying because it’s a pretty terrible honeymoon.

We got those goals by pressuring the opposition.

It hasn't been pretty, but then again if you had a new man in from outside would you expect that and to clear up the catastrophic mess of Koeman's reign in 3 PL games?

I take your points mate and im relatively open minded on it given the options of a new manager that are open to us, yet i do believe it its a risk and have concerns.

The crucial thing is the January window, if we leave that without a striker we are toast, its one of the most decisions facing Everton i a very long time, if they dont have a list of at least 50 names and arent already negotiating deals their needs to be a fan led coup. None of this player with potential stuff, nuts and bolts we need someone capable of ten PL goals between Jan and then end of the season, dont care what it costs or what premium we have to pay, such is the cost of previous poor decisions.
100% commitment from the first team squad + January additions + Coleman to come back = mid-table finish.

We got those goals by pressuring the opposition.

It hasn't been pretty, but then again if you had a new man in from outside would you expect that and to clear up the catastrophic mess of Koeman's reign in 3 PL games?

To be honest, yes. Countless clubs have been in a mess only for it to quickly turn around when appointing a new manager. Look at Leicester last season. Swansea and Hull both picked up immediately as well. Sunderland the season before. The problem is that the pick up is rarely sustainable because the players end up reverting to the norm.

In contrast, Unsworth has come in and nothing has really changed. He has a 20% win ratio!

To be honest, yes. Countless clubs have been in a mess only for it to quickly turn around when appointing a new manager. Look at Leicester last season. Swansea and Hull both picked up immediately as well. Sunderland the season before. The problem is that the pick up is rarely sustainable because the players end up reverting to the norm.

In contrast, Unsworth has come in and nothing has really changed. He has a 20% win ratio!

A win a loss and a draw. A better sequence than his predecessor.

Status
Not open for further replies.