Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Slightly embarrassing this isn’t it? Caved into pressure rightly or wrongly to sack Koeman and didn’t have anyone else lined up. Reminds me of something else this season actually.

A couple of wins would be very welcome bt as for shooting up the table that depends on other results going our way. Must say I am mystified when you state our position is not as bad as some folk make out, I applaud your optimism, but Unsy is not up to it IMO.

100% agree lad, doesn't mean we should rush in and get dyche in my opinion, there are better options out there we just might have to be patient

if we were bottom and adrift then fair enough we would need someone in ASAP to get us going the position we are in we can take a few more weeks to find the right man

A couple of wins would be very welcome bt as for shooting up the table that depends on other results going our way. Must say I am mystified when you state our position is not as bad as some folk make out, I applaud your optimism, but Unsy is not up to it IMO.
I think we need to define terms here with Unsworth.

I suspect, given the games seen so far (which are pretty limited) that Unsworth is no tactical genius. However, he would get us through this season if we were forced to keep him in position. He IS "up to it" in that respect. He has the respect of the players and they'll put 100% in for him. Add a striker and a CB in January and the job of getting up the table is assured. Then next summer we can hire a manager long term.

There's no need to panic. The dogged performances of the last two PL games underline that we'll get near enough half the points still available - especially with said additions alluded to above.

I think we need to define terms here with Unsworth.

I suspect, given the games seen so far (which are pretty limited) that Unsworth is no tactical genius. However, he would get us through this season if we were forced to keep him in position. He IS "up to it" in that respect. He has the respect of the players and they'll put 100% in for him. Add a striker and a CB in January and the job of getting up the table is assured. Then next summer we can hire a manager long term.

There's no need to panic. The dogged performances of the last two PL games underline that we'll get near enough half the points still available - especially with said additions alluded to above.

Two players have already shown him so much respect that they walked off the training pitch and the rapid decline of Rooney's "conditioning" would suggest he is hardly pulling out all the stops to help Unnnnnnsy

Two players have already shown him so much respect that they walked off the training pitch and the rapid decline of Rooney's "conditioning" would suggest he is hardly pulling out all the stops to help Unnnnnnsy
One of them is a serial tool who'd be a problem for any manager...which he has been all his career. I dont know how he's still here, tbh. It's amazing he wasn't binned years ago. The other wont be here much longer. No way back for him.

As said, Unsworth has the respect of the squad. Look at the energy levels he'\s got out of this lot.

Schneiderlin and Mirallas....two fully dedicated individuals there aren't they. They wouldn't show respect to their own Ma ffs.

As for Rooney...i think it was a brave move to leave him out for a few games and get some hunger back for when we need it most, and when the team has a better shape, not the headless chicken routine we've been seeing, playing in all positions.

One of them is a serial tool who'd be a problem for any manager...which he has been all his career. I dont know how he's still here, tbh. It's amazing he wasn't binned years ago. The other want be here much longer. No way back for him.

As said, Unsworth has the respect of the squad. Look at the energy levels he'\s got out of this lot.

Energy levels? They started in such a lethargic fashion they conceded inside two minutes against Palace. We lose posession every week and don't really bother to get it back. Against Leicester, they scored a counterattack goal playing simply on the idea that our lads were too lazy to chase back from our own attacking set piece.

The players rightly see Unnnnnsy as a lame-duck chump who has the tactical depth of a zoophyte. Fortunately it would appear our Board do as well

Did you see his "building blocks" comment this week? David Brent would have been proud of it. Go get the guitar.

Energy levels? They started in such a lethargic fashion they conceded inside two minutes against Palace. We lose posession every week and don't really bother to get it back. Against Leicester, they scored a counterattack goal playing simply on the idea that our lads were too lazy to chase back from our own attacking set piece.

The players rightly see Unnnnnsy as a lame-duck chump who has the tactical depth of a zoophyte. Fortunately it would appear our Board do as well

Did you see his "building blocks" comment this week? David Brent would have been proud of it. Go get the guitar.
Last two games we'd have been buried under Koeman with those deficits we had to claw back. Under Unsworth - because the players want it for him - they pulled it around and took 4 of the 6 points.

It's ridiculous to deny he's got them motivated.

Last two games we'd have been buried under Koeman with those deficits we had to claw back. Under Unsworth - because the players want it for him - they pulled it around and took 4 of the 6 points.

It's ridiculous to deny he's got them motivated.

He hasn't though unfortunately. He's got mutinous players in the side and he's being propped up by Niasse, a player him and Ferguson immediately told Koeman should be shipped out when they went out for dinner last year. Players know a snake when they see one.

Unnnnsy talks a good game and you've been taken in (again) by a manager with a silver tongue. Why are you so naive and trusting, David?

I can see the sense of leaving things to the end of the season but I think the rebuilding needs to start now in readiness for the winter window, that means hiring a manager that the board will fully back in the next window. Though our season looks bleak, we should at least look to draw some positives and rebalancing the squad is imperative. I just don't see how Unsay can do that if he is not our permanent option, which he clearly is not, so put him and us out of our misery.

Status
Not open for further replies.