Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you think Eddie Howe from bournemouth is the Answer you must have ambitions like Bournemouth.

Same rubbish was spouted by vast majority on here with claims unsworth should be given the top job. That evaporated in a cloud as soon as we started losing.

Evertonians will get what they deserve with appointments like Howe. Done nothing to deserve the everton job.

We need to be throwing money at winners not Wigan, Southampton, Bolton, bournemouth managers.
What Pochettino did to deserve Spurs job then?

And how on earth would you compare Unsworth to Howe? Howe managed a professional club over 400 times and Rhino is a U23 manager.

Conte was an Italian international.

Simone was an Argentinian international.

Poch was an Argentinian international.

Klopp is hopeless.

If you think Eddie Howe from bournemouth is the Answer you must have ambitions like Bournemouth.

Same rubbish was spouted by vast majority on here with claims unsworth should be given the top job. That evaporated in a cloud as soon as we started losing.

Evertonians will get what they deserve with appointments like Howe. Done nothing to deserve the everton job.

We need to be throwing money at winners not Wigan, Southampton, Bolton, bournemouth managers.
There is no doubt that Koeman was a Moshiri appointment, he wanted him and he got him and upsetting people on the way didn't seem to bother him, the chase for Silva was similar although the outcome was different and it was mid season.

So, it appears he is prepared to spend lots of money and step on toes to get the right man.

But, who is the right man. It does seem we are paying the wages of an elite manager and we are spending the money on transfers that would attract an elite manager ... then we should be chasing an elite manager.. not managers like Howe or Dyche.
Sam Allyrdyce is a stop gap manager although I believe he will be here next season as well. A manager that is expected to stabilise the club make us competitive and get the best finishing place in the league that he can in season 2018/2019. By then the stadium will be moving forward or dead in the water completely. A new manager will be looking at a new stadium, a stable club, a big salary and a substantial transfer fund.....that will be attractive to a lot of managers.

I think it needs to be Silva.
Weather you or i think it is the right decision is irelevant.
We went all out to get get him mid season, what would it say about knee jerk apointments if that now he is availible we are not interested, purely on the basis he lost a few games at watford.

I live in hope that we have a plan, and if that plan was silva and the board want a manager they can back, then the guy they were willing to pay £15million for 3 months ago needsto be the no.1 target

We went all out to get get him mid season, what would it say about knee jerk apointments if that now he is availible we are not interested, purely on the basis he lost a few games at watford.

I live in hope that we have a plan, and if that plan was silva and the board want a manager they can back, then the guy they were willing to pay £15million for 3 months ago needsto be the no.1 target
I think the chance for Silva has gone and the time for Everton taking risks on managers that may or may not be good has gone as well.

i sort of agree not only because i think it's a move that will happen but because despite what happened with Watford i do think he's a good manager. If anyone at the club had any sense they would have already got a deal in place and Sillva is using this time whilst the Fat One is in charge to assess the squad and plan for the summer.

Cue Allardyce signing a new 5 year deal

There is no doubt that Koeman was a Moshiri appointment, he wanted him and he got him and upsetting people on the way didn't seem to bother him, the chase for Silva was similar although the outcome was different and it was mid season.

So, it appears he is prepared to spend lots of money and step on toes to get the right man.

But, who is the right man. It does seem we are paying the wages of an elite manager and we are spending the money on transfers that would attract an elite manager ... then we should be chasing an elite manager.. not managers like Howe or Dyche.
Sam Allyrdyce is a stop gap manager although I believe he will be here next season as well. A manager that is expected to stabilise the club make us competitive and get the best finishing place in the league that he can in season 2018/2019. By then the stadium will be moving forward or dead in the water completely. A new manager will be looking at a new stadium, a stable club, a big salary and a substantial transfer fund.....that will be attractive to a lot of managers.
It will be a really bad move keeping sam, for next season. Witt only a year left on his contract, his sole purpose will be trying to get us as high as possible to get a new deal.
And why that’s not such a bad thing, I think it’s a risk. As he will target a number of older players 29/30 who are ready made to come straight into the team, with no thought of the future.

Will the likes of lookman and vlasic want out, Dowell and onyekuru will probably go back out on loan.

For me we need to probably write off next season. So a new young technically gifted manager can come in and build an exciting young team over the next 3/4 years, moving forward into the new stadium. It will take 2 or 3 windows to assess the squad and get rid of the dead wood, while implementing his style, buying players to fit that style. And giving youngsters game time so they can grow.

i sort of agree not only because i think it's a move that will happen but because despite what happened with Watford i do think he's a good manager. If anyone at the club had any sense they would have already got a deal in place and Sillva is using this time whilst the Fat One is in charge to assess the squad and plan for the summer.

i'm sort of hoping that is the case

I have my reservations about Silva myself, but as i said if we were that relentless previously to bring him in, we should have enough conviction in our actions for him to be "our man" again.
I think if we decided after a few defeats at watford that he is now not the man for us then it just highlights the amount of knee jerk reactions and indecicivness there is at the top of the club.

I remember saying when Koeman first got binned, that if Eddie Howe wasnt sat in 19th with bournemouth at the time and sat in say 10th/11th, alot of people would be calling for us to make him manager. Lowe and behold, i have seen a fair few shouts for him, but i didnt see a peep at the begining of the season.

Thats why i'd be worried if we didnt go and get Silva as it would show that the boaard are exactly the same as a twitter ranter

That would be far too sensible.

3 months ago it wasn't apparent that he's very happy to down tools less than half a season into a contract. And if he didn't down tools then it's become apparent that he struggles to drill consistent performances into PL players. We've had issues with that over the last few years.

Emery at PSG only has a 2 year contract with a further 1 year option
It runs out in June 2018
Rumours of PSG looking to change him.
The CL defeat to Barca still hurts
If and it’s a big if we could get him is there a chance Monchi would team up with him again
Moshiri seems to have no trouble paying for managers and Emery would be free but not sure wether Monchi has a release clause.
It could be the dream team we are looking for

i'm sort of hoping that is the case

I have my reservations about Silva myself, but as i said if we were that relentless previously to bring him in, we should have enough conviction in our actions for him to be "our man" again.
I think if we decided after a few defeats at watford that he is now not the man for us then it just highlights the amount of knee jerk reactions and indecicivness there is at the top of the club.

I remember saying when Koeman first got binned, that if Eddie Howe wasnt sat in 19th with bournemouth at the time and sat in say 10th/11th, alot of people would be calling for us to make him manager. Lowe and behold, i have seen a fair few shouts for him, but i didnt see a peep at the begining of the season.

Thats why i'd be worried if we didnt go and get Silva as it would show that the boaard are exactly the same as a twitter ranter

I think that the board would be fully justified in now ignoring Silva. He has shown his true colours. Not only has he proven that he will allow himself to be distracted but worse wanted to leave a job not long after it had begun.

3 months ago it wasn't apparent that he's very happy to down tools less than half a season into a contract. And if he didn't down tools then it's become apparent that he struggles to drill consistent performances into PL players. We've had issues with that over the last few years.
that is a major concern

Just get someone from outside of england ffs.

What is the worst that can possible happen? A relegation battle? Worked well for the last two england recruitments.

We should be hiring the absolute best we can, not the easiest or the most common sense. So no silva, we dont want a sacked manager from a club lower down the food chain than us.

Status
Not open for further replies.