Next 3 Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I think there is a fantasy world I occupy in which we get all 9 points. On paper, the two home games are against sides with nothing to play for and the third one is against a team already celebrating the title and a week before the Champions league final. Am I delusional?
I want to believe.

Arsenal have a full week to prepare for palace away and then finish at home to brighton in front of their fans

As long as we beat Sheffield Utd and wolves we finish above them

I’d link to think Leicester might beat spurs on the final day of the season

I’d like to think we might get something away from home against what is likely to be a very heavily rotated Man City squad

I would love to think we could get 6 points from those 3 games and spurs get 5 or less. Then we would be the first English team in the europa conference.
But our home form has been poor this season, so I could only see us getting 3 points maximum. So we will probably be 8th or 9th.

So I think there is a fantasy world I occupy in which we get all 9 points. On paper, the two home games are against sides with nothing to play for and the third one is against a team already celebrating the title and a week before the Champions league final. Am I delusional?
Maybe, we likely won't get 9 points, but I don't think we need 9 points.
Spurs will [Poor language removed] to another game so maybe 7 would do.

Draw wolves
Lose v sheff united.
Smash City.
Would be so Everton

Oh,just miss out of European togger on goal difference, for the blue and white icing.

Yes, we have nothing to play for. Or that seems to be the, attitude of some of our players. Either that or we have reached a ceiling so to speak, to go higher we need better players.

I can't see us getting anything but a hiding at city on the last day, perhaps our saving grace is they've already sewn up the title. We also play better against the better teams for some reason, either way, I'd be astonished if we achieve Europe this year.

Surely we beat both Sheffield United and Wolves at home? Where are the integrity of the players if we don’t?

You make a very solid point though about only winning 3/10 and they’ve all been by 1-0 score lines if I remember correctly. West Brom had a disallowed VAR goal for offside , Southampton missed a massive chance late on and Arsenal game was probably a 0-0 draw.
Some of the players like Digne, Coleman, Godfrey, Allan, Doucoure and DCL do possess that. They at least look like they want to win.
It’s the other perma crocks and useless flumps who float around aimlessly who are letting the side down.

Arsenal have Palace and Brighton.

Leeds have Burnley, Southampton and WBA.

I would not be surprised if we finished 10th.
To be honest I don’t think we deserve to be any higher as we’ve been dog turd all season.

Here's my tuppence worth......

I think that Chelsea will beat Leicester and win their final game taking them to 70 points and giving them 3rd.

Sadly I think that the RS will win all their final 3 matches putting them on 69 points. They will get 4th on goal difference.

Leicester will be 5th , losing to Chelsea but beating Spurs at home on the last day of the season.

West Ham will win their easy last 3 games but end up in 6th.

7th will be between us and Spurs. Not sure why but I think we will win our remaining home games v Sheff U and Wolves. Spurs will also beat Wolves and Villa. Going into the last game we will both be on 62 points but Spurs will have a much better goal difference.

They play Leicester , we play City.We will need to better their result to get 7th and European football. Unlikely I know but I have a feeling that Spurs lose at Leicester and that City , a week away from the CL final , won't fancy a very physical Everton and we scrape a draw , sealing 7th spot.

Who the hell knows ! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.