Next 2 games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomasc

Formerly known as By God I'm Blue
We surely have to go back to basics and simply set up not to lose.

Question is, do we even have the personnel available to be able to do that?

Silva if still here will do what he always does, this is why a change of manager now is a must.

2 years ago BFS set us up not to give away goals, we need to do the same because we are staring 2 potentially embarrassing national TV defeats on the bounce.

How would you set the team up for the Leicester and Liverpool games?

We surely have to go back to basics and simply set up not to lose.

Question is, do we even have the personnel available to be able to do that?

Silva if still here will do what he always does, this is why a change of manager now is a must.

2 years ago BFS set us up not to give away goals, we need to do the same because we are staring 2 potentially embarrassing national TV defeats on the bounce.

How would you set the team up for the Leicester and Liverpool games?

I'd just not turn up mate, take the 2 defeats which will be given as 3-0 and start from there.

We have to be aggressive, If we turn up and park the bus 1 goal and we'll flap it but if Silva is in charge it doesn't matter cause he's bloody clueless and still unironically picks Morgan and Gylfi in 2019 nearly 2020.

Must be about pride for Silva from here on out until he's sacked. Expected to get smashed in both games, he'll be made up to lose both by just a couple of goals, likely hoping for VAR controversy or a Schneiderlin red card to divert blame from himself and his non-existent tactics.

With regards to the derby, I´d take a 2-0 defeat now. Nothing embarrassing, just get it over and done with. Embarrassing attitude but I can´t be bothered with another humiliation.

Why don't we actually surprise teams and have a go.

4-3-3 Kean DCL Rich up top unless Bernard is available. If we lose then at least we had a go

This club seems totally rudderless at the moment.

I genuinely fear for our EPL status this season.

And it doesn’t seem to matter how we set up under Silva.

If he is still in charge for these next two games it will be two defeats......we all know that.

I would just like us to be pragmatic in these games, as we should in all.

Ideally we don't concede in the first twenty minutes, and at least try to keep at 0-0 by then, the more the game goes on scoreless, the more home nerves grow. We start to reduce the chances of getting a whipping, and can always nick one from a set-piece.

The thing is though we don't keep possession well, and certainly not away from home.

I'd like us to at least try to keep the ball, but stay compact, and try to capitalise on chances, if we make any. Don't go out solely to get a point, but be cautious and avoid risks. We concede a lot of goals through individual errors, and giving away free kicks close to goal.

We should try to exploit the wings and use the counter, at least give the oppsition some semblance of a game.

Unfortunately I think at The Pit at least, it may be about coming away without being humiliated as being the best we can do. I'm always wary of getting a real beating there even though our recent record is not bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.