News of Ex Players

And just noticed he was sold a couple days later for the princely sum of £2.3m.. then loaned out straight away. What was the point? He’s not a 17 year old, he should be close to his prime.

Edit: see Blackpool say they tried to extend but he wanted to go.. that makes sense.. but not from Forests POV
His contract only had 9 months to run so Pool get nothing for his emerging talents then. Any deal Pool offered couldn't compete with the £20k a week and 3 year deal he is on now at NF. There are some add ons to that measley fee up front, including appearances lump sum and a sell on factor too I believe.

He was sent out immediately on loan to Olympiacos in Athens for the season. They are owned by the same Greek who owns Forest. Some kind of financial malarkey maybe with loan fees being paid by the Greek team back to the parent clubs coffers. Allegedly.

Josh made his debut and first ever European bow in the Europa League last night in Nantes. Lost 2-1 but chance for progression in the home leg to come. Life has certainly becoming an adventure, travel and big money in a very short time for the ex dribbling Tangerine wizard. Wish him well. A class act on and off the park.

Ross Barkley at Nice looks so weird.Nothing personal, he just does not suit that, but south of france certainly looks attractive!
Is it true he was making £200k per week!! WOW. Millionaire in the south of france, even if he's not a big succcess in footballing terms, that is a successful career

If we have proper performance management in place, Vaughan will be judged like anybody else and will either thrive or flop in the job. All people want to see is people held accountable. If Vaughan turns out to be good, great appointment. If not, he needs to be moved out after a genuine effort to improve him is made. The days of jobs for the boys have to end. Accountability is needed throughout the club.

I noticed something about Man City - obviously much larger playing staff, and many more options around the world - but without much fuss they made so much money, and look at that - around £57m on players mostly unknown to people outside their supporters. So the 'loans management' job is really important and we can at least start to shift players to Championship, Scotland, Germany etc, for some good returns.

Man City’s summer 2022 departures​

Raheem Sterling (Chelsea) £47.5m

Gabriel Jesus (Arsenal) £45m

Oleksandr Zinchenko (Arsenal) £30m

Gavin Bazunu (Southampton) £12m

Romeo Lavia (Southampton) £10.5m

Sam Edozie (Southampton) £10m

Pedro Porro (Sporting Lisbon) £7.2m

Juan Larios (Southampton) £6m

Darko Gyabi (Leeds) £5m

Ko Itakura (Borussia Monchengladbach) £4.3m

Arijanet Muric (Burnley) £2.5m

Claudio Gomes (Palermo) permanent transfer

Fernandinho (Athletico Paranaense) free

Jayden Braaf (Borussia Dortmund) free

CJ Egan-Riley (Burnley) free

Kwaku Oduroh (Derby) free

Tommy Doyle (Sheffield United) loan

Liam Delap (Stoke) loan

Lewis Fiorini (Blackpool) loan

Taylor Harwood-Bellis (Burnley) loan

James McAtee (Sheffield United)

Zack Steffen (Middlesbrough) loan

Kayky (Pacos Ferreira) loan

James Trafford (Bolton) loan

Yan Couto (Girona) loan

Yangel Herrera (Girona) loan

Ciaran Slicker (Rochdale) loan

Callum Doyle (Coventry) loan

His contract only had 9 months to run so Pool get nothing for his emerging talents then. Any deal Pool offered couldn't compete with the £20k a week and 3 year deal he is on now at NF. There are some add ons to that measley fee up front, including appearances lump sum and a sell on factor too I believe.

He was sent out immediately on loan to Olympiacos in Athens for the season. They are owned by the same Greek who owns Forest. Some kind of financial malarkey maybe with loan fees being paid by the Greek team back to the parent clubs coffers. Allegedly.

Josh made his debut and first ever European bow in the Europa League last night in Nantes. Lost 2-1 but chance for progression in the home leg to come. Life has certainly becoming an adventure, travel and big money in a very short time for the ex dribbling Tangerine wizard. Wish him well. A class act on and off the park.
Yep he has got straight into a global stage.. so despite talking about playing the prem and then getting shipped out immediately .. it is some adventure!

"It depends how you define 'best player' but the first player that comes to mind is James Rodriguez. He just has an unbelievable quality. He wasn't the quickest runner or the best athlete but his touch and his ability were just incredible; you could see it everywhere around the training ground including in small sided games and everything involving a ball. He could do things that were so special and that other players couldn't do, his vision, awareness and football intelligence were just out of this world."

Good article about Steve Schumacher in the athletic today

….I read some excellent reports about his coaching, so it’s good that Plymouth have taken a chance on him. Really hope he does well and works his way up the ladder.

i remember him being one of 3 England Schoolboy internationals in the same year at Cardinal Heenan school, fingers crossed for him.

….I read some excellent reports about his coaching, so it’s good that Plymouth have taken a chance on him. Really hope he does well and works his way up the ladder.

i remember him being one of 3 England Schoolboy internationals in the same year at Cardinal Heenan school, fingers crossed for him.
The article mentioned Huddersfield have got their eyes on him, which you could imagine would be a good job to take. But I guess you could also imagine it would be tempting to stay at Plymouth and try to get them promoted

The article mentioned Huddersfield have got their eyes on him, which you could imagine would be a good job to take. But I guess you could also imagine it would be tempting to stay at Plymouth and try to get them promoted

….as long as it’s a decent club with progressive owners, I think you need to grasp the opportunity when it arises. You’re only a few defeats from getting sacked in that role.