News of Ex Players

....last I heard of Tony Grant, he was scouting U23 players for us. Fowler and Grant came from the same generation.

I think he was critical a few months ago of Everton on Twitter and was either binned off straight after that or was binned off just before it and that's why he made a negative comment.

It was along the lines of we don't look like we know what we are doing so who knows what's getting worked on at the training ground

Whats mad for me is, around then I would of been reading history books about old Everton players, who would of been playing around 35 years earlier, such as Ted Sagar, Wally Fielding and Tommy Eglington, and they seemed so ancient!! That 35 years to Heath...etc seems like yestrerday, but to me as a teen, 35 years previous was un imaginable

All those players you mention...I saw them play! That's when the passage of time become incomprehensible. I wrote about meeting Wally Fielding near White Hart Lane on another thread a few months ago. Those were the days when Tranmere played on a Friday night to avoid clashing with Everton or the RS,and Tranmere was a 'resting place' for Everton players at the end of their careers....Peter Farrell,Tom Eglington, Dave Hickson, etc. The best weekends were Friday at Prenton Park in the Cowshed and Saturday afternoon at GP. Safe to say Things Ain't What They Used To Be !!

All those players you mention...I saw them play! That's when the passage of time become incomprehensible. I wrote about meeting Wally Fielding near White Hart Lane on another thread a few months ago. Those were the days when Tranmere played on a Friday night to avoid clashing with Everton or the RS,and Tranmere was a 'resting place' for Everton players at the end of their careers....Peter Farrell,Tom Eglington, Dave Hickson, etc. The best weekends were Friday at Prenton Park in the Cowshed and Saturday afternoon at GP. Safe to say Things Ain't What They Used To Be !!

I briefly had a Tranmere season ticket in 2000-01. As a Wirral lad, always had a soft spot for them. It was nice that they had our borough's name on the front if their shirts too.
Some good recent Everton connections also: Gary Stevens, Paul Rideout, Pat Nevin and Stuart Barlow wound down their careers there. James Wallace, George Green and Jose Baxter spent time on loan at Prenton Park. Yoyng Johnny Morrisey kickstarted his career with Tranmere. And of course Dave Watson was briefly manager. Most important of all, the great Johnny King started as a Blue back in the 1950s.
Less said about Tony Thomas and Steve Simoneson the better.

Did they have a young lad called Dean ever play for them???
@shagpuss

Oh yeah! Forgot him. Only the finest centre-forward this country has ever produced! :) Born just off Laird Street in Birkenhead. Rough then, and pretty rough now.

It may sound silly to Blues, but I've always felt that Dixie has never got the recognition he deserves. Not from us, but from the wider football community. Over 80 goals he scored in 27-28! Not even Messi or Ronaldo have got near that.

Maybe if Andy stayed off the ail and crack and applied himself then things would have been different for him. Had talent but his attitude was horrid.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/andy-van-der-meyde-begs-16301198

Is it bad that I would like to see him bungee jump onto an array of rusty Stanley knives that have been coated with many venereal diseases? Well the ones he hasn't already got - I know difficult to find but we can get our top men on it. Top men.