News of Ex Players

Li Tie was one of those players who didn't come across as world class but he wasn't Gemmill level of poo . He sort of drifted out of my memory . Probably not a bad thing at all .
Anyone have any lasting memories of Li ?

Scott Gemmill wasn't the Gemmill level of poo you seem to think he was either, he was a decent player at the time. Offerered more in an average to poor Everton side than the Ghost does now. He was no world beater, but he came in, improved us at a time when we were desperate, along with Super Kev, and did a job. His 1 major criticism is he was painfully slow, much like the ghost.

Scored a couple of great goals as well.

He was such a poor buy......Colin Harvey lost the plot signing him.....
Ha ha! I fear he was Colin's first signing Joey! I seem to remember him scoring on his debut in the League Cup against some lowly team and we thought we'd signed a guddun. Sadly it was downhill from there.....

Former Everton midfielder Diniyar Bilyaletdinov recalls his experience playing for Everton (35:53-49:45 Video in Russian)
A few interesting points (Sorry for my English):
-He was asked not to buy a red car. Phil Neville gave him a black marker to paint the red Puma logo on his boots.
-A store employee asked him to leave Liverpool's store. He was waiting for his wife outside when she bought T-shirts.
-Surprised that he was recognized before the game.
-Laughs as the English commentators pronounced his last name.
-From excitement, he doesn’t remember how United scored. (Everton vs MU 3-1 02/20/2010). Moys advised jumping to the fans. Went in the hood in the city.
-He says there are more Everton fans in Liverpool than Liverpool FC. He admires the fans awareness of his youth team. There are a lot of tourists at Anfield and Old Traford and the atmosphere suffers.
-Was in a derby on the Everton sector. He says that the aggression in the stadium does not extend to the street, although he thought that there would be fights.
-He was an option with Fulham. He regrets that he left England.

He was such a poor buy......Colin Harvey lost the plot signing him.....
I remember him having at least one decent game for us, I came down for a game against Chelsea, early eighties we beat them 4-1 Incy 2 and Sharpy2 were the goalscorers and Wilson supplied at least two maybe 3 pinpoint crosses for assists, he hasn't changed that much, glad to see he's making a good recovery.

Former Everton midfielder Diniyar Bilyaletdinov recalls his experience playing for Everton (35:53-49:45 Video in Russian)
-He was asked not to buy a red car. Phil Neville gave him a black marker to paint the red Puma logo on his boots.
-A store employee asked him to leave Liverpool's store. He was waiting for his wife outside when she bought T-shirts.
-From excitement, he doesn’t remember how United scored. (Everton vs MU 3-1 02/20/2010). Moys advised jumping to the fans. Went in the hood in the city.
-He says there are more Everton fans in Liverpool than Liverpool FC. He admires the fans awareness of his youth team. There are a lot of tourists at Anfield and Old Traford and the atmosphere suffers.
-Was in a derby on the Everton sector. He says that the aggression in the stadium does not extend to the street, although he thought that there would be fights.

Spasibo!

Very interesting, your English is fine, thanks again for posting it.

Scored a cracker at Ibrox pre season,then again it may have been Stubbs!!!!doh,my memory,2-2 result I'm sure!! good day out.
Well that's it. I do remember him being around, tbf, but can't remember anything he did, good or bad. Bit like me. I can spend three hours hovering round an attractive woman at a party, but at the end of the evening she sort of remembers someone was there but not my name or what I look like. It's a curse!

He's going to set the Thurlow Nunn League Division One North alight for the remainder of the season.

Read more !

Haha, I used to live in Cornard for a couple of years in the early 90's someone at the club must have a few bob, it's a tiny place but they had a decent side, when I was there the player manager was Marc Falco (ex Spurs and Rangers) and Gary Brooks (ex Spurs) used to boss their midfield.

Should've been better.
Seemed to lose his edge quickly.

Well that's it. I do remember him being around, tbf, but can't remember anything he did, good or bad. Bit like me. I can spend three hours hovering round an attractive woman at a party, but at the end of the evening she sort of remembers someone was there but not my name or what I look like. It's a curse!
lol lol lol Other thing I recall is us playing City(Pre Oil!!) and Sun Jihai playing for them, it was apparently at the time the most watched game in World football:)

Haha, I used to live in Cornard for a couple of years in the early 90's someone at the club must have a few bob, it's a tiny place but they had a decent side, when I was there the player manager was Marc Falco (ex Spurs and Rangers) and Gary Brooks (ex Spurs) used to boss their midfield.
Proper scraping the barrel he is, declared bankrupt in jan 19 and caught with cocaine and arrested a few times