Match Thread Newcastle v Everton - Wed 13th December

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Buckethead

Player Valuation: £35m
Sam hates Rafael, Rafael hates Sam.

Is Rafael going to be the second Kopite manager head to wobble off in half a week?

After the Defencefest of our moral victory against the Forces of Dark Delusion, the Horse Punchers are next. Hopefully we revert to type and score a few to irritate that fat Geordie blert on Youtube and come away with a comfortable 3 points.

COYBHumans!

Sam hates Rafael, Rafael hates Sam.

Is Rafael going to be the second Kopite manager head to wobble off in half a week?

After the Defencefest of our moral victory against the Forces of Dark Delusion, the Horse Punchers are next. Hopefully we revert to type and score a few to irritate that fat Geordie blert on Youtube and come away with a comfortable 3 points.

COYBHumans!
Furst.

Wondered who was going to start this thread. Must admit mate, you weren't top of my list:)

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...-benitez-sam-allardyce-comments-have-no-value

But Allardyce, in his new autobiography 'Big Sam', wrote: "Of course he can say he won the Champions League with Liverpool, which is something I never did. But it was nowt to do with him.

"I don't blame Benitez for claiming credit but as managers we know the truth. It's like when you make a substitution in desperation and it comes off. You get all the credit for your tactical brilliance when it's often just luck."

and from Carra
https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/jamie-c...fael-benitezs-feud-with-sam-allardyce-2-47899

"Liverpool lost to Allardyce's Bolton in 2004, sparking a spiky rivalry between the two managers."

"Rafael has never liked Allardyce since their first meeting in August 2004 at Bolton. That was Rafael's ‘welcome to England’ game, when he saw Sami Hyypia get his nose broken by Kevin Davies during one of the aerial assaults on our goal. We lost 1-0 and Rafael couldn't believe what we had faced.

"I don’t buy this idea, though, that Allardyce was some sort of bogeyman for Benitez. Allardyce has not achieved anywhere near as much as Benitez as a manager and how could he have got under his skin when Rafael has won seven of the 12 matches — including all six at home — when they have played against each other?

"Where Rafael didn't help himself was making comments that rubbed other managers up the wrong way. I always felt that when we played against Allardyce’s teams, they wanted the points off us more than they did against Manchester United."

lollollollol

Some would say a must win and I go along with that. For me every game is in that category whether we can manage it is another matter. Have to say though have more confidence of doing that with Sam as the manager rather than if we still had RK in charge.

Note on this subject there are no easy games.

Status
Not open for further replies.