Match Thread Newcastle United v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
At least I managed to successfully replace a switch joycon controller stick during the second half, so the kids will be happy... I'm off for a run.

Says the bloke who spent all last season extensively telling anyone who would listen how undisputably great they were. The derby changed the course of our season. That’s a fact. If it had been United that we lost our two world class attacking players against I’d say so. It wasn’t though.

Mate, you're obsessed with them. Re-read your posts while we played against Newcastle. In your head we lost that game because of the Derby.

You need to get a grip and realise the world doesn't revolve around Big Red like you think it does.

Start supporting your own team for a change.

That should be the last time we see siggy.

Gomes looked like he has amnesia, he’s forgotten how to play.

most of these players are probably paid more than their Newcastle counterparts and got outplayed easily.

Delph is the biggest pretender I’ve ever seen.

DCL wondering what the hell happened to the team from three weeks ago.

I appreciate the job is much harder when there's a few players missing, however, that was stale in the first 45 and he waiting until Newcastle scored before even beginning to change it.

He's the manager, it's his job to find ways to win games with or without your best 2-3 players. There's no excuse for that shambolic showing against one of the worst sides in the league.

Right, and to a point I agree. However on the other hand. Our attack is heavily focused on having the following things;

- Both wide players being able to roam to a degree and cutting inside, creating problems.
- The midfield three moving the ball and getting it to the attackers (They had plenty of it todaY)
- Full backs getting forward to exploit the space that the wide attacker has opened up.

You take our those four hugely effective players, and put int he likes of Iwobi, Bernard, Gomes, Siggurdsson. We aren't going to do well going forward.

How much of that is down to ancelotti you have to ask? Could have played Gordon? Possibly, but Gordon hasn't done much in games hes been in, although I rate him and would like to see him more. Bernard and Iwobi are crap. Siggurdsson isn't suited to how we play whatsoever. He can strike a ball but doesn't have the nouse for what CA wants.

YES i think today's selection was a bit odd and CA has to take some of that responsibility but at the same time, hands have been somewhat tied and it's going to take us 2 years to get a squad that can rotate and not damage us like it has today. Don't forget, we've had to basically go back to the players who failed us last year.

As pissed off as today has made me, mostly from Yerry Mina's lack of defending and Gomes' lack of awareness, big picture will be that we wont see the true benefits for a year or two until we really get some strength in depth.

We spend whole last year saying how our first XI wasn't good enough, now those players are playing again, naturally, they are still not going to be good enough.

The spark near the end lends to realizing I guess that this team can have a sense of urgency, but the reason that is absent when they concede is beyond me. Gylfi as far as I'm concerned is irrelevant to the point of damage. And Gomes annual high boot clumsy challenge is so flagrantly irresponsible. The lack of care to which the majority pass seems to ignore we cant get good chances and or don't have decisive decision makers. No creativity despite a team of players thinking they are mercurial. They act like they have endless economy or are capable of creatively breaking lines with no sample to suggests thats the case.

Even if he is Carlo Ancelotti he needs to know we wont accept what we have seen for the last 2 games, absolutely pathetic..... that is NOT Everton.

Unfortunately over the last five years plus that has been Everton.

So many players outside the first 11 just not good enough.

Our first team wins that easily today -Kenny/ sigurdsson/deph/bernard/iwobi/ Tosun not good enough. Could add Gomes and Mina to that too.

Thought the players who went out today did well. It was always going to be important who scored first and gomes has let us down there. Cant see much being different against man utd but hopefully digne and james will be back and we can get some sort of result and then kick on again when richarlison is back

Sad thing is that was almost certainly our last chance to go back top this season. Glancing at the table there are 4 or 5 teams who can go above us with equal games played.

We were never going to win the league but it'll feel horrible if we slip away week by week back into a fight for 7/8th which could start this week if spurs and Leicester win.
That's where we are though. 7th this season would be a good achievement with this squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.