Match Thread Newcastle United v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gylfi's gonna have to stay on because we don't have anyone else to take a set-piece.

Should not be overlooked how we left ourselves short in the forward area in the market.

You have to mitigate risks and we didn't do it and this is what we end up with.

That being said, Carlo has picked a system which really offers nothing with the players that are playing in it. There's no pace and the only midfielder we do have with any speed is playing as an auxiliary right-back when Kenny pushes up. It's been garbage.

Get Gomes off for Gordon or Bernard, preferably Gordon, to inject a bit of pace into proceedings and someone who can actually run in behind.
I think Gordon or Bernard both could. Besides, what did we have in the first half, two corners and that’s it? Hardly a reason to keep him on the field.

Learn to spell his name before slating him.

And he hasn't, he was brilliant against Brighton and far from our poorest midfielder last week.

He's basically filling in at right-back so far today
Yes Toff.

This system is proper not getting the best out of Doucoure and I'd argue thats been the case all season. Doesn't maraude forward like he did for Watford as he's being asked to cover for James and now the actual right back.

I am more disappointed with Carlo and his choice of the players and formation then on team performance within first 45 minutes

I will say that Gylfi hasn't been anywhere near as bad as he was against Southampton but he still isn't good today either. Which makes it stand out even more how awful he was last week and why on Earth he is still getting minutes and CAPTAIN ffs...

Just get a goal Everton. We can go top and these are crap. Get motivated ffs. Your rivals just overtook you. Are you going to accept it?

Status
Not open for further replies.