Match Thread Newcastle United v Everton, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Disappointing result for obvious reasons but the first half had us playing some of the best football of the season we looked well balanced a threat on both wings creative and on the whole solid at the back.
But even through the first half Pickford made me nervous and I was hoping after half time he would have calmed down and composed himself but came rushing out early on and nearly getting caught out set the tone and must be unnerving for the players in front of him

Tullia, my daughter, came around to mine last night...Thai green curry I was cooking.. she asked me “ are you watching the game tonight Dad?”. Me? I reckon I’ve put in near 20 hour days of work each day this week...I’m feeling absolutely f*cked...there’s no way I’m watching a 4am game of footie.
Anyway, long story short, I have just woken up and seen our lion hearts have disappointed us all again.

I am genuinely beginning to hate this team of losers..

A Benitez ‘type’ manager is not going to come to a club where the coach is just that-coach only no wider club influence, and completely subserviant to a supremely powerful DOF. In fact Benitez the prime example of a traditional style ‘control’ manager (not that I would want him anyway too much baggage and would divide the supporter base from day 1).

Any manager that wants significant influence in transfers, youth and academy set ups, club football philosophy- which constitutes many (not al) of the worlds top managers; would not fit in at Everton the way we have now set up with Brands basically an equal ‘face’ of the football side (ie he gives interviews etc when most normal DOFs/Sporting directors remains in the background media-wise). I’m not saying that’s right or wrong time will tell, but I personally think it limits the type of coach we could now get. Perhaps there’s a fantastic coach out there though whom could flourish in our set up?
I get your points, no harm in desperate times, I’d even consider Moyes back atm, I’d even prefer big Sam than Silva that’s how I want him out.

Tullia, my daughter, came around to mine last night...Thai green curry I was cooking.. she asked me “ are you watching the game tonight Dad?”. Me? I reckon I’ve put in near 20 hour days of work each day this week...I’m feeling absolutely f*cked....no way I was watching any 4am football game.
Anyway, I have just woken up and seen our lion hearts have disappointed us all again.

I am genuinely beginning to hate this team of losers..
Same here- its been a tough working week this week in particular and whats more I've got the family members home from uni, yes the ones I treated to their first Goodison experience in THAT Leicester game on New Years. I billed today's game as a post corner-turning win for the Blues but having them watch the Blues collapse in the second half was embarrassing. They asked me why I am an Evertonian. There's no answer based around logic, only nostalgia. I am trying to make them into true blues but all they do is question my faith, and I honestly can't blame them. its embarrassing.

Same here- its been a tough working week this week in particular and whats more I've got the family members home from uni, yes the ones I treated to their first Goodison experience in THAT Leicester game on New Years. I billed today's game as a post corner-turning win for the Blues but having them watch the Blues collapse in the second half was embarrassing. They asked me why I am an Evertonian. There's no answer based around logic, only nostalgia. I am trying to make them into true blues but all they do is question my faith, and I honestly can't blame them. its embarrassing.
Charles, if you and I ever met in the real, non-internet football-forumed world, I imagine we would be great mates...

Disappointing result for obvious reasons but the first half had us playing some of the best football of the season we looked well balanced a threat on both wings creative and on the whole solid at the back.
But even through the first half Pickford made me nervous and I was hoping after half time he would have calmed down and composed himself but came rushing out early on and nearly getting caught out set the tone and must be unnerving for the players in front of him

Agree with the whole post, Pickford has too many rushes of blood for me, that attempt for basically an easy cross was just plain awful bad goalkeeping. He must have the defence a bag of nerves at times.

Serious question......would you have Benitez ?

100%.

Koeman spent £130 million

Alladyce spent £47 million

Silva has spent £86 million

Benitez would at the minimum have us comfortably 7th with that kind of money.

You have a decent owner in Ashley mate. He may not throw money at you but he's realised with FFP a top manager is worth their weight in gold and got one in.

We on the other hand have a playboy who thinks throwing money at anything that moves guarantees success.

Status
Not open for further replies.