Match Thread Newcastle United v Everton, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really?
You saw the capitulation.

Did you see Newcastle starting to take control of the game/be more threatening, from the start of the second half.
Newcastle finding their way, Everton losing theirs.
That's down to the managers.
When this was evident, before the first goal, is when Silva should have reacted.
It was pretty clear at this stage that Schneids should have been brought on for DCL to gain dominance in middle and deal with the width.
With Lookman to come on for Bernard as his legs ran out.
And Seamus on for Kenny to settle and who was on a yellow.

Instead, Rafael makes a sub at half time. Then a goal. Then another sub.
His response is too late, his leadership is too weak.
What does he do? He brings on MIna for Richarlison.

Yeah, keep telling yourself its on the players.
Seamus was pulled out of the squad with a stomach bug pity Pickford never got that bug he was abysmal today maybe the worst performance from an Everton keeper.....needs dropping just on that abysmal pathetic performance...

What a dismal result and performance. That said Not sure I can join the chorus of ‘Silva out’, not because I think he’s doing very well (because clearly we aren’t), but because:

1. I personally don’t think the club will bin him this season.

2. I don’t see a realistic alternative manager to come in (key word there being REALISTIC) and do better with this group of players.

3. I think at least equal portion of our predicament is in the (dismal) overall quality of the playing staff as well as the managers tactics and selections. I’m sick of the way some over-inflate the ability of some of our players into the category of world beaters when they clearly aren’t (eg Pickford- a £30m price tag does not a world class player make. He’s a decent young keeper but there’s half a dozen better in the prem alone imo and he has zero competition for his position which is made him the big head he’s turned into)

Finally we can’t have entire threads about the ‘marvellous’ Marco Brands, but at the same time moan only about silva. Silva is just the sort of coach profile we are now looking to operate with given we have installed a supremely powerful DOF (actually on the clubs board!). The playing staff needs massively improving to give any coach a chance of improving results. Whether that’s silva or another guy.

I think they both (brands/silva) get this summer. If we don’t look in good shape heading into Christmas 2019 then both should be accountable (prob would be Silva only tho in the supporters eyes).

Seamus was pulled out of the squad with a stomach bug pity Pickford never got that bug he was abysmal today maybe the worst performance from an Everton keeper.....needs dropping just on that abysmal pathetic performance...
Sure, then Mina comes on and Keane out to the right.
But not Mina for Richarlison.
That just invited Newcastle on - the worst thing you could do.
Silva needed to force the battle to be won in midfield.
Schneids for DCL and its more like 3-1 at the end.

I'd say Silva's performance was marginally worse than Pickfords.
At Pickford made some saves.

Silvas actually blaming the ref in the interview..

2 nil up away and lose and its the refs fault

Christ silva must read all @davek posts on here

I didn't see the match but it sounds like we Everton'd it up as usual. Why wasn't Morgan introduced instead of Mina? Two clean sheets with Morgan in the team surely he would have been the man to see it out?

Sure, then Mina comes on and Keane out to the right.
But not Mina for Richarlison.
That just invited Newcastle on - the worst thing you could do.
Silva needed to force the battle to be won in midfield.
Schneids for DCL and its more like 3-1 at the end.

I'd say Silva's performance was marginally worse than Pickfords.
At Pickford made some saves.
The Manager was told three weeks ago results had to improve....
No defence can cope with goalkeeping like that
2 goals away in front we should not get beat
Pickford is not under any pressure to get dropped...

That was truly soul destroying, I've only just started to get over it enough to post again.

First half we played great, shades of the football we played earlier in the season before the first derby.

I have no words as to how we managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory after Mina came on.

Proper text book Evertoned that game, unbelievable.

Status
Not open for further replies.