Match Thread Newcastle United v Everton, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
And we’re absolutely pants.
That's not good enough.

Is it too much to expect a club that fields 40m Sigurdsson, 40m Richarlison, Bernard, Gomes plus attack-minded defenders like Coleman and Digne to be able to test the opposition goalkeeper at LEAST one time every single game?

That's utterly embarrassing if you think that's too much to ask for.

They’ve quite literally kept 5 clean sheets on the bounce and 17 in the league this season.

City played absolutely brilliant against them at the Etihad and won 2-1 thanks to a great Sane goal which was probably really only the second chance they had in the game at that point to hand Liverpool their only loss of the season. Yet an absolutely pathetic Everton team were expected by some to sweep them aside. Absolutely laughable.

City played absolutely brilliant against them at the Etihad and won 2-1 thanks to a great Sane goal which was probably really only the second chance they had in the game at that point to hand Liverpool their only loss of the season. Yet an absolutely pathetic Everton team were expected by some to sweep them aside. Absolutely laughable.
That's crazy. Can you show me some posts where people were expecting us to smash them? Haven't seen any myself. I think most of our fans know we're in no position to be smashing any top half teams at present.

That's crazy. Can you show me some posts where people were expecting us to smash them? Haven't seen any myself. I think most of our fans know we're in no position to be smashing any top half teams at present.

There were loads on the pre match and post match thread saying we had to win or we should have won. They’ve lost once in the league all season and were top of the league. We are a compete basket case with a kid playing upfront. We didn’t need to do anything or didn’t have a divine right to win. The two derby performances were very positive in my view and probably a better pair of performances than anyone else in the league against Liverpool apart from City.

There were loads on the pre match and post match thread saying we had to win or we should have won. They’ve lost once in the league all season and were top of the league. We are a compete basket case with a kid playing upfront. We didn’t need to do anything or didn’t have a divine right to win. The two derby performances were very positive in my view and probably a better pair of performances than anyone else in the league against Liverpool apart from City.
Agree with your comments. I think blue-tinted glasses played a role is people making such suggestions, as we are rubbish and will take a long time to sort out. But yes, I also class the two derby performances as amongst our best this season. Absolutely. We should have taken four points.

Bernard left and Richarlison right looked pretty effective in the second half last Sun....hope Silva starts with both, and perhaps Gomes? Hoping for a 2-0 win, without giving away free kicks in danger areas where they can launch the ball into our box.....this seems to have seen an improvement in the last 2 games...continue please Everton

Bernard left and Richarlison right looked pretty effective in the second half last Sun....hope Silva starts with both, and perhaps Gomes? Hoping for a 2-0 win, without giving away free kicks in danger areas where they can launch the ball into our box.....this seems to have seen an improvement in the last 2 games...continue please Everton
That makes sense, keep the same high pressing system from derby and bring in Richarlison and Gomes. Gomes doesn't have the same positional discipline that Schneiderlin has when we're defending but he's twice the player on the ball and we're gonna need that to help break them down.

Can only agree with this. Not only does it banish Walnut to the bench, but it allows our two best wingers to play. Bernard and Digne have the potential to be a great partnership, and as long as Richarlison can track back, same can be said of him and Coleman. Gomes is a must-start over Schneiderlin.

Pickford
Coleman Keane Zouma Digne
Gomes Gueye
Richarlison Sigurdsson Bernard
Tos​

That's not good enough.

Is it too much to expect a club that fields 40m Sigurdsson, 40m Richarlison, Bernard, Gomes plus attack-minded defenders like Coleman and Digne to be able to test the opposition goalkeeper at LEAST one time every single game?

That's utterly embarrassing if you think that's too much to ask for.
If you compare the money this club has spent over the last two seasons, to what the barcodes spent, it's embarrassing that we're only 6 points ahead of them

Status
Not open for further replies.