Match Thread Newcastle United v Everton, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Expecting us to go back to being cack again for the remainder of this sorry season tbh, however will be very happy if i am wrong and actually finish the season off with a decent run and good performances and results.

This game will give us a good idea of what to expect.

Expecting us to go back to being cack again for the remainder of this sorry season tbh, however will be very happy if i am wrong and actually finish the season off with a decent run and good performances and results.

This game will give us a good idea of what to expect.
It's literally 50-50 to how I think we wil perform!

Who knows

Reactions: Lob
With the Heightened emotion of the Derby and the extra effort of the players, this game might be a bit of a come down.
But three more points and the players can start to think about what places to visit on holiday.
Hard to judge so I'm going 1-1 early Rondon goal, then a late Richarlison equaliser.

I'm just hoping for a competent performance with a bit of the grit from Sunday. I am convinced that this team needs some momentum to gain the confidence it needs. 2 clean sheets now and a third one, and that defence could look a lot stiffer than it has since before Christmas. Grab a goal, and 3 points could well be ours.

40 points come end of play, and the opportunity of 7th and Europe starts to open up again. It's not brilliant by any stretch of the imagination, but that's what I was hoping for at the start of the season.

Personally, i'd play Cenk in this one. If he chips in with a goal, it improves our chances of shifting him on in the summer.

It's shop window time now.

We are not going down and we are not heading for Europe.

Play the likes of Schnides, Cenk, Walcott, Lookman, McCarthy, in the remaining games ( not all in the same games ), to raise their profile so we may attract bids during the summer fire sale.
I get where you're coming from mate but if they play to the standard they've been at, for the rest of the season, it'll be even harder to shift them!

Plus, surely it'd be better to see if, for example, Richarlison and Coleman could build an understanding as opposed to watching Walcott offer nothing as per usual.

It's Newcastle lads, I know we've been pish all season but we're still above these and they are bang average people going on like they're tough to beat.
Easy 2-0 win.

I get where you're coming from mate but if they play to the standard they've been at, for the rest of the season, it'll be even harder to shift them!

Plus, surely it'd be better to see if, for example, Richarlison and Coleman could build an understanding as opposed to watching Walcott offer nothing as per usual.

Definatley, I'd play Seamus and Rico down the right, Bernard and Digne left, with Tosun starting and DCL along with Lookman on the bench for this one.

It's Newcastle lads, I know we've been pish all season but we're still above these and they are bang average people going on like they're tough to beat.
Easy 2-0 win.
Thing is a Goodison they didn't look the "bang average" team.We,at the minimum need to put in the same amount of effort as the Derby,if we do a result should come.

Status
Not open for further replies.