Newcastle away

Status
Not open for further replies.

LarryLimeStreet

Player Valuation: £500k
With the game against Newcastle originally scheduled for the same weekend we will now be playing Arsenal, is this likely to be changed to the following Tuesday/Wednesday? Unfortunately I need to book time off well in advance in work to get to the game

With the game against Newcastle originally scheduled for the same weekend we will now be playing Arsenal, is this likely to be changed to the following Tuesday/Wednesday? Unfortunately I need to book time off well in advance in work to get to the game

I doubt it will be the following week mate, league games arnt aloud to clash with champions league game s

We are heading for a bit of fixture congestion.

Not only will the Barcodes game join the Palace one in needing re-arranged, Arsenal at home is scheduled for the weekend of the Cup semi finals and as one of us is going to be at Wembley, that is another fixture to be re-arranged.

We are heading for a bit of fixture congestion.

Not only will the Barcodes game join the Palace one in needing re-arranged, Arsenal at home is scheduled for the weekend of the Cup semi finals and as one of us is going to be at Wembley, that is another fixture to be re-arranged.

Semi final is the weekend after - Sunderland away. Which I'm sure is actually worse for those who go to away games

I don't think that's right....I am sure re-arranged PL fixtures have occurred on the same night CL games took place.

It happened once when the March 2012 derby clashed with CL games on the same night & UEFA kicked up a fuss about it. It's not allowed to happen again. It was in the news yesterday - the Hull vs Brighton cup replay has to be played on Mon Feb 24, 2 days after both have league games, as it can't be played in the midweek & clash with CL games.

Article on it here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26235967

I think that is a crazy decision, I can sort of understand not having Premier league games on at the same time as CL games, but FA CUP replays should be fine, as Steve Bruce said in the article, they are not going after the same audience.

The way its going we wont be playing the Palace game or the Newcastle game until the very end of the Season, or try to shoehorn them in on Week days no involving Champions League

I have had a quick look and Wednesday 5th March seems to be the next available date for the Palace game (though this may be too short notice). I think Wednesday 16th April might be the next possible date for the Newcastle game

Status
Not open for further replies.