New Stadium: Everton to meet L.C.C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neiler

Player Valuation: £100m
Goodison Park officials have confirmed Liverpool City Council have agreed to sit down and discuss the options for a new home for Everton in the wake of the collapse of the Destination Kirkby project.

The Blues were informed last month that central Government would not pass a planning application for the £400 million development that would have seen the Club move into a new 50,000 seater stadium.
Liverpool City Council were one of the opponents to Destination Kirkby but will send a high ranking delegation to meet with Everton early in the New Year.

Everton’s Head of PR Ian Ross told evertonfc.com: "Throughout the Destination Kirkby process, Liverpool City Council always made it clear that if the project was to fail they would step forward and seek to help us.

“As a consequence, a working-group is to be formed and meetings held to actively explore all the options and possibilities which are open to Everton Football Club.

“Despite the disappointment of seeing our proposed move to Kirkby collapse, we, as a Club, remain convinced that a move to a new home is not only the right way forwards but the only way forwards.

“Of course, it does remain to be seen if the City Council can provide us with the level of help and assistance which we will require if we are to locate to any new stadium within the Liverpool boundaries but we will enter these preliminary talks with a measure of optimism."

City Council leader Warren Bradley added: “We have got a meeting with Everton where we will put all our cards on the table. I will be there as will be council chief executive Colin Hilton and executive director of regeneration John Kelly. We want to make sure that we can facilitate things for Everton.”

Everton’s Head of PR Ian Ross told evertonfc.com:
“Despite the disappointment of seeing our proposed move to Kirkby collapse, we, as a Club, remain convinced that a move to a new home is not only the right way forwards but the only way forwards.

“Of course, it does remain to be seen if the City Council can provide us with the level of help and assistance which we will require if we are to locate to any new stadium within the Liverpool boundaries but we will enter these preliminary talks with a measure of optimism."

PMSL at that from Ross. So were still determined to pursue a new stadium but only if the thing is donated by LCC? That's like me saying I'm determined to get a new home in Blundellsands but only if Sefton Council pay for it. lol

A complete shower of wasters.

Move along Ross, Elstone and your paymasters, your time is up.

I hear a Green Lane site is the preferred solution of LCC.

Sounds a bit far to me. Keep Everton In Our Inner City. ;)

Typical you...

Dont see you for weeks, an as soon as the stadium is mention'd....

BANG!!!!

You appear from nowere. lol

What green lane site, i live right by green lane. Dont think there's enough room anywere round there...

Typical you...

Dont see you for weeks, an as soon as the stadium is mention'd....

BANG!!!!

You appear from nowere. lol

I think chico said this best: "You're like some electronic rumpelstiltskin. Say stadium three times and you appear". lol

What green lane site, i live right by green lane. Dont think there's enough room anywere round there...

Actually, more in the Rocky lane/Sheil Road vicinity...west of Green lane. Big green space there.

PMSL at that from Ross. So were still determined to pursue a new stadium but only if the thing is donated by LCC? That's like me saying I'm determined to get a new home in Blundellsands but only if Sefton Council pay for it. lol

A complete shower of wasters.

Move along Ross, Elstone and your paymasters, your time is up.

So you want the club to pay as much as possible for a new stadium? :huh:

So you want the club to pay as much as possible for a new stadium? :huh:

No mate, I want them to stop making a show of themselves with their hand out for a 'deliverably' cheap eyesore of a stadium...which is what you'd get, as per the Shed in Kirkby.

Of course, that's the only in game in town for people who want to invest precisely fcuk all and sell their shares for multiple times the amount they paid for them. Nothing will come of these talks with LCC. There will be no new stadium with this lot in charge.

Davek makes a point. I can see Everton dismissing anything LCC put forward for it being "unnafordable". i.e. Costs more than £0.

We have no money. I'm not sure given that essential reality how people expect anything to be affordable. Earning a few million here and there each season through better management won't provide enough for a new stadium so how can people expect us to build a world class stadium with no cash?

We have no money. I'm not sure given that essential reality how people expect anything to be affordable. Earning a few million here and there each season through better management won't provide enough for a new stadium so how can people expect us to build a world class stadium with no cash?

How can we build any stadium with no cash.

We might as well give up now then. Until we get a serious injection of money, nothing will happen.

Precisely, so why attend the meeting with LCC?

It's a pretty awful spectacle to behold...the leadership of an organisation incapable of forward movement but unwilling to step aside until they have their pound of flesh. It's going to get a whole lot worse before it gets better.

Seriously though lads, you will be waiting a while for an investor to come along to drop 300mill on a new stadium - if thats the strategy going forward - we're going no where fast as i said all along after Kirkby.

Though i choose to be hopefull, a tentatitive round of applause for LCC and Everton - for a ceasefire from the mudslinging and actually opening a dialouge to consider options - i really didnt think it would happen this soon.

Dave your trully brilliant mate, i was expecting a thread sometime soon having a pop at the club for not getting around the table with LCC. ;)

Last edited:
How can we build any stadium with no cash.

We might as well give up now then. Until we get a serious injection of money, nothing will happen.

It is a terrible situation but such is the unfortunate place modern football finds itself. We can't expect to get back to the top slowly and surely because even if we unearthed a Rooney standard youngster each season unless success was likely they'd be snapped up by a wealthier club before long. The only way a youth orientated approach will work is with a generation coming through en masse and even then Arsenal are showing this isn't as easy as it was when Man Utd used this approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.