New Everton Stadium Discussion

4i47cc.jpg

53k is fine for the near future. If we hit real success then questioins will have to be asked.

Safe standing can take it to 60k.

Ground is possibly limited as well with the transport links being on one side of the ground, although long-term if it really is busy then ferries could get involved.

The transport situation is still a disappointment to me. Reading the planning there's no chance of a ferry terminal ever and unless there's significant additional demand close by there will be no new rail station.

Yeah, I've just looked at it. There's the disabled sections which run a good way in to the stand and then there's also a divide in those two blocks you've said are "uninterrupted". Looks like a walkway or something.

But this is all just insignificant minutiae that doesn't really matter anyway.
"insignificant minutiae"? Pretty major changes I'd say. One of the basic objectives was to create a home end 'wall' and an intimidating atmosphere. The relocation of the disabled areas to the front of the home end not only offers much inferior ground level vantage points but also massively detracts from the original objective by pushing the first rows of seating further back from the pitch (with the exception of those directly behind the goal). Personally I think the new design is an aesthetic downgrade on what was planned originally and smacks of cost savings.

"insignificant minutiae"? Pretty major changes I'd say. One of the basic objectives was to create a home end 'wall' and an intimidating atmosphere. The relocation of the disabled areas to the front of the home end not only offers much inferior ground level vantage points but also massively detracts from the original objective by pushing the first rows of seating further back from the pitch (with the exception of those directly behind the goal). Personally I think the new design is an aesthetic downgrade on what was planned originally and smacks of cost savings.

Very much a subjective issue and not one that can be used.

Some people liek to be low and close to the pitch, some people like to be higher and have a better 'view of the game'.

If you think those changes are major and are going to make a notable difference once this is built and crowds are in then that is absolutely fine by me. I'm not sure I could disagree more.

I agree with this sadly.
I feared this kind of cost cutting excercise when Meiss was excluded.
It makes me slightly concerned about what other alterations will occur during the build.

The outdoor plaza steps aside I've been disappointed with the internal changes.

Hope they dont change any further.

The transport situation is still a disappointment to me. Reading the planning there's no chance of a ferry terminal ever and unless there's significant additional demand close by there will be no new rail station.
Yes I agree. Once the match has ended. Once they leave the Dock, 53000 fans will have 2 choices to make at the same time.To turn left or right.

I’ve questioned this a few times, the safety aspect of having disabled/restricted movement fans in the area around goals - seems one powerful misplaced shot away from a serious injury and potentially the club being sued for severe injury.
I know how immobile a relative is in their chair and from someone who sits in the LGS I know how hard/fast those balls can enter the supporters area.
If it’s cost cutting it’s ill advised in my view, in addition to the loss of atmosphere/intensity in those areas.

I know not everything is going to be perfect for everyone, and its a massive opportunity for the club. But the outside of the stadium being pushed as the big sell from the club has me a bit worried about the inside not actually being that great. When spurs built theirs it was all about the inside because to be Frank the outside isnt anything special. Im worried ours is going to be the opposite.