New Everton Stadium Discussion

Talking utter bile those lot... area in complete disrepair and they don't want regeneration, they'd be happy for no progress ever.

Minor bump in the road, Gov wants these projects moving, I don't think it'll even be a blip in their mind.

Don't be fooled by the Historic England Cover. It will be bitter RS fans behind this, have no doubt. They get everywhere. Any and every possible avenue to try and get it blocked.

It's not based on any real concerns. It's a frightened, panicked, delaying tactic at best and will not stand in the way of progress, and more importantly, money.

The fact that the council and government would approve plans to build roads through rimrose Valley Park and fields, which is a much more sensitive area due to nature concerns and public unrest, just for easier access to docks when there is already a direct route to the motorway, tells you that a barely used Dock in a 100 year old derelict dock site, is not going to cause any major concern, especially with the care we have put into ensuring backward compatibility.

Next it will be noise concerns, or light pollution. They are so desperate for this not to happen.

Don't be fooled by the Historic England Cover. It will be bitter RS fans behind this, have no doubt. They get everywhere. Any and every possible avenue to try and get it blocked.

It's not based on any real concerns. It's a frightened, panicked, delaying tactic at best and will not stand in the way of progress, and more importantly, money.

The fact that the council and government would approve plans to build roads through rimrose Valley Park and fields, which is a much more sensitive area due to nature concerns and public unrest, just for easier access to docks when there is already a direct route to the motorway, tells you that a barely used Dock in a 100 year old derelict dock site, is not going to cause any major concern, especially with the care we have put into ensuring backward compatibility.

Next it will be noise concerns, or light pollution. They are so desperate for this not to happen.
Jes*s lads; relax with the tinfoil hats. This a a conservation group trying to conserve something, it will be rubbished as planning goes through, but these societies need to be seen to try, to justify donations and state funding etc.

there is no way do some Crustys stop this with the arguement of leaving the area in a derelict state rather thana development which beautifully reflects the tone of the area and the city with a nod to the heritage in question

If you want to complain about their stance, here's a link to make a complaint. They need telling.

I'm not gonna complain about it. As mentioned in loads of posts they are just doing the job they are meant to and have acknowleged that if benefits outweigh concerns that it will go ahead. If Everton have done proper due diligance then all issues and concerns can be explained away and I am sure that this is how things will pan out.

There's too much of this targeting of people/groups with different views. I'd hate to live in a world where competing views are shouted down just because they are different from your own.

I'm not gonna complain about it. As mentioned in loads of posts they are just doing the job they are meant to and have acknowleged that if benefits outweigh concerns that it will go ahead. If Everton have done proper due diligance then all issues and concerns can be explained away and I am sure that this is how things will pan out.

There's too much of this targeting of people/groups with different views. I'd hate to live in a world where competing views are shouted down just because they are different from your own.

But it stops projects dead in Liverpool while London are in a strong enough position to just ignore them. They've caused loads of stuff over the years to be downsized, made unviable and simply not proceed, they're dangerous and none of them live here. We've already made changes to suit them but their only objective is outright refusal and if that happens, we'd never recover from it. Each to their own though, we're all entitled to our opinions.

Materials are through the roof atm

Quick example, bags of multi finish plaster were going for up to £50 a bag recently.

Usually about a fiver a bag, but yeah, materials are dead cheap atm lol
Got a builder in doing my bathroom atm. He told me the same thing. Can’t get plaster, blokes have bought up stock and are selling it on line at extortionate prices.

luckily we booked him months ago and he got the plaster he needed back then. But yeah it’s a massive problem for building materials in general.