New Everton Stadium Discussion

What makes our city unique is the bond scousers share, and that we back our own.
I HATE THEM and their Fans.
But the "Be the Bigger Man" voice in me would like to see the club encourage some kind of community projects like what the food bank lads are doing, where all footy fans from the city can somehow get involved with the build and what comes out of doing this and look at this as a great opportunity for all in the city to benefit.

OK it will be ours.

But it would be more ours if we can remain classy throughout, rather than trying to spin a 1-upmanship out of it, when we lose that battle every time on Footballing Success.

With respect mate - balls to that.

Let the scum try set fire to the Liver Building whilst we build OUR stadium.

What makes our city unique is the bond scousers share, and that we back our own.
I HATE THEM and their Fans.
But the "Be the Bigger Man" voice in me would like to see the club encourage some kind of community projects like what the food bank lads are doing, where all footy fans from the city can somehow get involved with the build and what comes out of doing this and look at this as a great opportunity for all in the city to benefit.

OK it will be ours.

But it would be more ours if we can remain classy throughout, rather than trying to spin a 1-upmanship out of it, when we lose that battle every time on Footballing Success.
Our club and supporters have always been classy especially on the community projects ,has for the other shower sorry they're not the same as us different breed they kick each other's head in when they win.the league strange behaviour. We always show restraint even when they defaced our history, we've always been the classy supporters and now were so close to a world class arena I I will just give a smart arse smirk.bring it on!

Every now and then I have a little look at the Everton thread on RAWK. The stadium seems to be a hot topic on there this weekend but it just makes me laugh how you clearly know that most of them aren’t from the city and haven’t got a clue about the city, either.

There’s even some of them having to correct others due to their lack of knowledge.

Apparently there’s not much going on around the area where we plan to build this stadium.

Not like a £5bn Liverpool Waters project is ongoing or anything.

Every now and then I have a little look at the Everton thread on RAWK. The stadium seems to be a hot topic on there this weekend but it just makes me laugh how you clearly know that most of them aren’t from the city and haven’t got a clue about the city, either.

There’s even some of them having to correct others due to their lack of knowledge.

Apparently there’s not much going on around the area where we plan to build this stadium.

Not like a £5bn Liverpool Waters project is ongoing or anything.

My missus works near there, I was there the other day, the whole area is a building site.

Apart from the road being done there's nothing at all happening north of the flats opposite Costco until you reach BMD. Unless I'm missing something.

Did we even ask about the central docks?

Apart from the road being done there's nothing at all happening north of the flats opposite Costco until you reach BMD. Unless I'm missing something.

Did we even ask about the central docks?
The only reason we got BM off Liverpool Waters was to bookend the whole development.

A stadium (and add ons) will hopefully build confidence in the overall project and it will fill up from both ends.

The only reason we got BM off Liverpool Waters was to bookend the whole development.

A stadium (and add ons) will hopefully build confidence in the overall project and it will fill up from both ends.

Fully aware of that but what I'm asking is did we even try for anything more central? I'm not seeing developers being fended off and if I owned a prime plot of land, let's say Clarence, why would what happens at BMD affect my plans? We're not bringing additional infrastructure with us.

I'm sceptical about LW (not the stadium) as I've lived my whole life here.and I know we have a poor track record attracting quality jobs. We cannot exist on selling empty flats to Southerners and stag/hen do's.

I'd hazard a guess the walk back from town in 2030 will still be past derelict docks.

Fully aware of that but what I'm asking is did we even try for anything more central? I'm not seeing developers being fended off and if I owned a prime plot of land, let's say Clarence, why would what happens at BMD affect my plans? We're not bringing additional infrastructure with us.

I'm sceptical about LW (not the stadium) as I've lived my whole life here.and I know we have a poor track record attracting quality jobs. We cannot exist on selling empty flats to Southerners and stag/hen do's.

I'd hazard a guess the walk back from town in 2030 will still be past derelict docks.

I'll hazard a guess at Half Empty.

It's a massive development. And whilst it's been painfully slow getting going (LW) I'm sure with a little momentum things will puck up.

You share my scepticism regards LW , I started on the Waping dock apartments around 84 and come nearly 20 years later was just completing Waterloo warehouse , since another 15 years only one building has gone past it and that is still not complete .

Keep seeing comments how BMD is gonna make rich people richer yet you can build now if you want BMD or not . I too am around that area a lot and still don’t see or hear of anything happening between Waterloo Warehouse and BMD , to say the whole area is a building site is pushing it.

There appears to be activity regards LOR on site and one of the other posters in here has given a great insight to what’s happening behind the scenes .

I do think it will certainly be built but am sceptical about what will evolve around it and don’t think it will happen straight away , match days will be spent on the concourse or in the few boozers still around there or a trek into town straight after .