New Everton Stadium Discussion

With all the world's financial woes, I just can't see it happening.

Moshiri certainly would not be too heavily critisized for pulling the plug at this present time.

Just my instincts.
Any financial woes would be the reason this has more chance of going ahead.

The Economy needs a boost. More Jobs.

And now is a best time to negotiate deals for build materials with other companies.

I'm genuinely glad to hear it.

Some believe I'd like this to collapse. I dont feel that way. I desperately want it to happen. But I cant get past the fact that this is Everton and this is a stadium plan. One is like kryptonite to the other.

Forgive me Dave but the general impression you give to everybody is that you hate Everton football club and any topic, branch or project to do with it. That's why many of us believe you would be happy with a project, that will provide many jobs, a huge boost for the city, a huge boost for our football club, going on to fail. I genuienly hope you dont and you are just a soul who has lost any trust in the club (i have been there). But if you are constantly negative then naturally people are going to think you'll enjoy the demise.

Questions are fine, Everton have two failed ground moves within roughly the last two decades. It's okay to be critical of that, but also must appreciate that this is a different operating team putting this together. I would argue the research, the material provided (documents, plans) show that a hell of a lot more things have been done properly this time around.

We are also a point of optimal time to build. Materials will be cheaper, a huge boost of jobs and the economy will be provided. Without this sounding nasty or the wrong way, COVID has actually put the stadium in a better position because it's urgent to have projects to reboot the economy. The Gov. are desperate for any positives they can get.

I have to hold back and remember the rule "But it's Everton" when there is positive news/projects/outcomes, however I have a lot of faith in this as all the signs are there for this to go ahead. Especially the project being named as 'expected to get approval' in the governments recovery plan.

Moshiri certainly would not be too heavily critisized for pulling the plug at this present time.

Just my instincts.
Hello fellow blue. Have you thought of introducing yourself on the "new members" section of the forum?

Without a doubt, the most tiresome thing to read in any thread on here, is people crying about Davek's opinions. Opinions he is well within his right to post. Completely derails the thread.

Will be reporting posts moaning at/slating him from here on in.

Forgive me Dave but the general impression you give to everybody is that you hate Everton football club and any topic, branch or project to do with it. That's why many of us believe you would be happy with a project, that will provide many jobs, a huge boost for the city, a huge boost for our football club, going on to fail. I genuienly hope you dont and you are just a soul who has lost any trust in the club (i have been there). But if you are constantly negative then naturally people are going to think you'll enjoy the demise.

Questions are fine, Everton have two failed ground moves within roughly the last two decades. It's okay to be critical of that, but also must appreciate that this is a different operating team putting this together. I would argue the research, the material provided (documents, plans) show that a hell of a lot more things have been done properly this time around.

We are also a point of optimal time to build. Materials will be cheaper, a huge boost of jobs and the economy will be provided. Without this sounding nasty or the wrong way, COVID has actually put the stadium in a better position because it's urgent to have projects to reboot the economy. The Gov. are desperate for any positives they can get.

I have to hold back and remember the rule "But it's Everton" when there is positive news/projects/outcomes, however I have a lot of faith in this as all the signs are there for this to go ahead. Especially the project being named as 'expected to get approval' in the governments recovery plan.
I want Everton to be in a world class stadium and winning Premier League titles and European trophies, playing football for the Gods.

How is that hating Everton?

I hate all those who stand in the way of that.

Up to now, apart from the 'fine words' bit, EFC don't have the best record for actually getting the solidified churned milk on to the root vegetable.
But they do seem to be serious this time...so far
Up to Dec 2019 I was confident
I'm still reasonably so, but with the current situation, who can tell what will happen...maybe even large development stimulus grants...which could explain the hold up,
I've seen so many @Jacko93 's down the years (committed, clued up fans who give masses of their energy and time) be sucked in and spat out by the Everton failure machine; I've become inured to the whole hope-expectation-bust cycle surrounding stadium plans.

I've seen so many @Jacko93 's down the years (committed, clued up fans who give masses of their energy and time) be sucked in and spat out by the Everton failure machine; I've become inured to the whole hope-expectation-bust cycle surrounding stadium plans.
I'm still hopeful for planning permission, but that means nothing until its acted upon - thats the key

I'm still hopeful for planning permission, but that means nothing until its acted upon - thats the key

I want Everton to be in a world class stadium and winning Premier League titles and European trophies, playing football for the Gods.

How is that hating Everton?

I hate all those who stand in the way of that.

...and don’t forget that lot over the park.

i don’t doubt your loyalty for one minute, it’s just that you are extremely partisan in your views. Saying that, you are certainly one of us.

Without a doubt, the most tiresome thing to read in any thread on here, is people crying about Davek's opinions. Opinions he is well within his right to post. Completely derails the thread.

Will be reporting posts moaning at/slating him from here on in.

The ignore button best serves it's purpose here. Some people's opinions on here I find tiresome and irritating, especially when they're motivated and driven to just bring everyone's mood down to their level.

Despite results on the pitch and troubles fighting FFP, this stadium development is the most important thing to happen to the club since I was born.

But there will always be people who'd prefer to stay at Goodison and people who just won't like the new ground, for whatever reason. Leave them be.

...and don’t forget that lot over the park.

i don’t doubt your loyalty for one minute, it’s just that you are extremely partisan in your views. Saying that, you are certainly one of us.
Just like being married.. for better or worse.. but yes he's one of us.. i mean who on earth would put themselves through all this with everton if not a fan!

Don't always agree with him but respect him nonetheless

Up to now, apart from the 'fine words' bit, EFC don't have the best record for actually getting the solidified churned milk on to the root vegetable.
But they do seem to be serious this time...so far
Up to Dec 2019 I was confident
I'm still reasonably so, but with the current situation, who can tell what will happen...maybe even large development stimulus grants...which could explain the hold up,

The only hold up at the minute is with the planning approval process. Everton and all associated partners are 'ready to go', in fact, they are as frustrated as we are that it hasn't yet passed through the approval process, however much "understanding" there is about COVID.

The plan was for site work to commence pretty soon, assuming PP granted a few months back. They haven't lost as much time as it looks on the outside though as there is a lot of work to still be done prior to landing on site, which they had a ~2 month window for. That work has still been done, reducing any buffer between approval and 'spade in the ground'. This work costs money, and forms part of what Lo'R would not risk - certainly in today's times - if they didn't have the upmost confidence in it going ahead.

I think there’s a lot of people would be grateful if posters stopped taking the bait of this Davek character and stopped quoting him. Even on ignore, he manages to dominate threads as everyone wants to reply to him to tell him he’s wrong.

I'd be quite happy for him to banned off the stadium thread he just ruins it and like others I've got him on ignore but it does spoil the flow. I'm not sure what perverse sexual gratification he gets from being a kn0b but is must be something. I've stopped posting and barely read it anymore.
Someone once had a go at me for slagging him off and said he was a valued member but I don't get that at all.

I'd be quite happy for him to banned off the stadium thread he just ruins it and like others I've got him on ignore but it does spoil the flow. I'm not sure what perverse sexual gratification he gets from being a kn0b but is must be something. I've stopped posting and barely read it anymore.
Someone once had a go at me for slagging him off and said he was a valued member but I don't get that at all.
Yep. I know this site is about opinions but he’s a Dunning-Kruger case study. His vast ignorance is exceeded only by his opinion that his ignorance is worth more than your knowledge.

Just my instincts.

I don’t think your new stand will be built with all the worlds financial woes.

John Henry certainly would not be too heavily criticised for pulling the plug at this present time.

Just my instincts.....