New Everton Stadium Discussion

The roof is the only part of it that looks his idea...and I bet that gets updated.

The feller was using Evertonians to get the gig. It didn't come off and he threw his toys out the pram.

Tbf, you'd have to have been Stevie Wonder not to see what he was about years ago.
" The roof is the only part that looks like his idea". Who designed the rest of the stadium @davek? It was Baines wasn't it, traitor!

"Architect, skeptic, hater of rules...Designer of Staples Center, Paul Brown Stadium, Safeco Field, Miller Park, Stadio della Roma, and future home of Everton FC "

Are we sure he's even real?

Ive googled all those stadiums and his name isn't associated with any of them?

This. Executing the design of the client's vision, and then assisting construction in the field, are two different competences. Especially when the design architect is working from a different jurisdiction where building code requirements re: materials, dimensions, safety requirements, means and methods of construction, etc. may differ. You'd also want architects with established relationships with contractors - even in a bidding process there are only going to be so many players who could take on projects of this scope and they all know each other.

Big architecture firms and contractors work around the world, but I cannot imagine a project designed from scratch by an American architect would be built in Liverpool without a British architect to work with the contractor to navigate permitting processes, national and local codes etc. (Or vice versa). Maybe he thought his firm would get engaged to do that and he's sulking.

I have some work exposure to construction in NYC. Once the plans are executed and approved and a permit pulled, an architect or engineer has to inspect ongoing construction to ensure that it complies with approved plans, ie what's being built in the field is what's in the drawings. Doesn't have to be the same guy who drew up the plans and often isn't. (He doesn't work for the contractor, he works for the owner because he's an independent check on the contractor's work). I would not want a guy from overseas doing that. Code compliance can be so jurisdiction specific and he wouldn't have local experience. Plus how would a guy not from around here know which inspectors to bribe? :)

Thanks for that, looks like we where right.

He's missed out on a local and more competitive quote, he's throwing his toys out the plan. Thank you for the design which will always be Meiss but the tweets prior and during design always lacked professionalism.

if-the-ex.jpg