New Everton Stadium Discussion

Not being funny like but Everton have been ridiculed for years for being too soft under Kenwright, it looks like we've now been ruthless in doing what's best for the club and people don't like it, Meis said himself he was told 'it's only business' which has upset him

End of the day the relationship here Is purely business and I'm glad someone in charge is making decisions that are of interest to Everton only and not just being nice to some highly paid architect who's business with the club is now complete just because he says he's an Evertonian

Its defo not Kenwright incharge here

Pattern were invited by the club to join the Design Team, led by New York-based MEIS Architects, as Technical Architect.

Pattern say they were invited by the club. Meis had to bid for the position by Laing O'Rourke.

hmmmm

my guess - precious "artist" throwing the rattle out of the pram, as the engineers and technical team make tweaks either to suit costs or structural requirements.

Could be wrong, but feels like a sign of progress, not delay

This is just the UK construction industry. He's not been novated and he's not been hired client side. How he takes it is his prerogative, but unfortunately, its the construction business.

As somebody said once "it's just business"

I'm surprised he wasn't retained Client side by Everton though as concept Architect to ultimately oversee the Delivery Architect's detailed drawings to ensure the concept isn't deviated from too much. Unless like others have said initial cost plans from Laing indicate the design is £xxx over budget so Everton have cut their losses and will look to Value Engineer with the Contractors team.

I'm surprised he wasn't retained Client side by Everton though as concept Architect to ultimately oversee the Delivery Architect's detailed drawings to ensure the concept isn't deviated from too much. Unless like others have said initial cost plans from Laing indicate the design is £xxx over budget so Everton have cut their losses and will look to Value Engineer with the Contractors team.

The contractor team will VE anyway, its inevitable. This isnt a cost call.

Its more normal for the Architect to be Novated and fresh eyes brought in End client side.

Pattern Design, though a different name, is the same team that worked with Laings on Citys stadium. Its essentially the same team at Laings as well. That was a very successful build by the way.

His behaviour on Twitter should be indicative to all why he’s no longer part of the build.

Successful companies don’t put up with that kind of unprofessionalism.

Look at the Twitter posts and then imagine that kind of emotion/drama in every meeting that has happened to date when he didn’t get his own way.....add that to the fact the exact same thing happened on the Cincinnati stadium...

It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to understand the pattern here. Unfortunately it kind of goes with the territory of excellent creative designers...nightmare to work with in general but the actual design piece is second to none so you put up with it for as long as required before moving on when possible - nothing new in the construction industry believe me.

I for one am happy to see Everton actually operating like a ruthless business for a change!