New Everton Stadium Discussion

Jacko93 do you know if this will hold up the planning application?
Nope. Likely to hold up planning will be Heritage England. The site as we know is grade listed, so it all depends on the results of condition surveys etc and whether items of interest can or should be retained / removed / reused and whether the procedure is deemed acceptable. Then there's the council, who probably like a bunch of other places at the minute will have reduced / restricted resource to cope with the paperwork that lands at their feet. But planning doesnt need to be submitted until end of July / August.

This is going round via texts. Prob not true but see if anyone else has had it.

blah, blah, blah...due to the economic downturn would be financial suicide. They have advised USM to search for another contractor, as contracts have not been exchanged, Laing O’Rouke are currently owed £32M from Moshiri/USM.
Disclaimer; dont believe a word, but this is Everton we're talking about so rule nothing out.

Let me get this straight - LoR bale out and 'We / Mosh / USM' whoever, owe THEM

degsys legal opinion is...sorry for the technical legslese - no contract signed? = whistle for it matey

Total Jackanory

I personally think there will be no issues with planning I recon the government will also wanting a project like this pushing through the amount of jobs it will create while constructing the stadium and other projects around it will be massive for our economy after this pandemic I think this stadium is happening and soon carnt wait!

two bricks.jpg

So article in Echo about safe standing and the experiment of a stand in Telford increasing capacity from 110 to 198. Does anyone know what the increased capacity at Bramley Moore would be on this basis ?

So article in Echo about safe standing and the experiment of a stand in Telford increasing capacity from 110 to 198. Does anyone know what the increased capacity at Bramley Moore would be on this basis ?

It mentions a ratio of 1.5-1. So does that mean in the safe standing area for every 2 seats you can get 3 for safe standing. Better lads on here have more knowledge of safe standing so maybe they can tell us more

If I remember rightly, it would add max 10,000 seats, most likely in 2k increments. So the stadium would go 52k > 54k >>> 62k.

I know LCC will be busy with all this going on - but I imagine if the RS had submitted BMD planning permission this would have been granted by now.

Nearly June and not even in discussion WTH