New Everton Stadium Discussion

We've already started building, just in the wrong dock
20200528_125848.jpg
20200528_103119.jpg

This is going round via texts. Prob not true but see if anyone else has had it.

Me mate is an architect at MEIS Architects the company that took the contract on to design Everton’s new stadium, apparently they have had a video conference with Moshiri, Joe Anderson, Kenwright and the CEO of Laing O’Rourke and Laing O’Rouke have told them they have got to pull out due to their share price plummeting and have to honour the Government contracts they have at the moment, for them to continue feasibility studies on a project which would now be 10 years away due to the economic downturn would be financial suicide. They have advised USM to search for another contractor, as contracts have not been exchanged, Laing O’Rouke are currently owed £32M from Moshiri/USM.
Is "Me mate" that phone-in tit, Jeff from West Derby?

Fake news pal, MEIS are no longer on the project, another architect firm has taken over. The main contract hasn’t been awarded yet to LOR, so works currently are surveys on the dock, early works, and building up the design to ultimately get to an agreed price for the main contract works. Come August this year hopefully the main contract is awarded and it can crack on. Pulling out due to being owed £32m, don’t believe it. The stadium will get built one way or another and it will be ready for 3 years time. Suspect this is all sour grapes from your mate at MEIS

MEIS are still on the job, but their role is different. The Technical architects have been appointed to ensure the project gets built. A very experienced team on both TA and MC roles who will do a sterling job.

So now MEIS and Laing O'Rourke are out? Hahahahahaha. Stop it, me sides are splitting
Laing's have got the first stage contract (first stage of a two-stage tender). The main build contract is still in the process of being drafted and agreed, so dependent on price or deliverables the Club may decide to not go forward with Laing's on the construction phase, but I doubt that would happen. So no Laing's aren't out of the frame.
MEIS were involved in the initial concept design and early design phases. For the technical design and construction phases another architect practice is the lead designer to deliver the project. I think MEIS are still involved with the club in some capacity, but their role in delivering the scheme is lessened.

This is going round via texts. Prob not true but see if anyone else has had it.

Me mate is an architect at MEIS Architects the company that took the contract on to design Everton’s new stadium, apparently they have had a video conference with Moshiri, Joe Anderson, Kenwright and the CEO of Laing O’Rourke and Laing O’Rouke have told them they have got to pull out due to their share price plummeting and have to honour the Government contracts they have at the moment, for them to continue feasibility studies on a project which would now be 10 years away due to the economic downturn would be financial suicide. They have advised USM to search for another contractor, as contracts have not been exchanged, Laing O’Rouke are currently owed £32M from Moshiri/USM.

Laing’s are a privately owned company and aren’t on the stock exchange so doubt the share prices could drop.

Laing's have got the first stage contract (first stage of a two-stage tender). The main build contract is still in the process of being drafted and agreed, so dependent on price or deliverables the Club may decide to not go forward with Laing's on the construction phase, but I doubt that would happen. So no Laing's aren't out of the frame.
MEIS were involved in the initial concept design and early design phases. For the technical design and construction phases another architect practice is the lead designer to deliver the project. I think MEIS are still involved with the club in some capacity, but their role in delivering the scheme is lessened.

Pattern Architects.

So is this normal practice and will it still be the exact same design ?