New Everton Stadium Discussion

“ an unfavourable investment climate in 2018” put a hold on this that has now lead to it likely not going ahead , If it was unfavourable then imagine after all this is over how harder it will be , says a £500 million project surely a lot more expensive with the design and central London too .

Chelsea's plans definitely dead now...

They really should go back to the drawing board and come up with something way less architecturally ambitious and costly.
Just looks like a stadium made out of 4x2 timber, Can't have been that expensive.

I would be shocked if Meis has not provided for extra capacity due to standing otherwise there is no point in installing it .The generation that new standing are so old they are glad to sit now ! I stood for many years but as I am not tall I was on my tiptoes for both halves ,I couldn't /wouldn't do it now .

Hear hear! Am glad it's not just me who is of this opinion: I welcomed all-seater stadia as it was the first time for many years I could watch a game in comfort without 90 mins standing on tiptoes.

My kids like the idea of standing, but then they are all MUCH taller than me. Plus, i doubt they would like it at my age!

“ an unfavourable investment climate in 2018” put a hold on this that has now lead to it likely not going ahead , If it was unfavourable then imagine after all this is over how harder it will be , says a £500 million project surely a lot more expensive with the design and central London too .

'Unfavourable investment climate' was just code for Abramovich not having his visa renewed as part of the post the Salisbury poisoning oligarch crackdown.