New Everton Stadium Discussion

It is down in the PP documents as Engine house.

View attachment 79737

To be fair it isn't as explicit as it is in other parts where it says it will be used as a cafe and museum. Hard to remember where I read that though when you trawl through pdf after pdf.

In this document it says its use may include, but hopefully it will give you a flavour.

Can just imagine quite large optics all attached to the exterior of that Pumphouse, all free and every lager / beer of your choice, self service hmmm.

Deal Of The Century, World Class Stadium, Best Transport Infrastructure etc......

It was none of those things, can't believe I voted for it myself, thankfully it got called in

Lie after lie after lie, we were a laughing stock back then, it got practically laughed out of court, terrible location, 46'000 capacity in the end I think, terrible looking stadium with Batman lights, thank god we have Moshiri.

Had a read through the transport planning documents and two things jumped out at me..
Firstly, they expect people to stay in the stadium site after matches for longer than they do now, spreading out transport demand. However they only mention the fan park as a way to encourage people to do this, not concourse bars. Hope this is wrong as I’m not sure the fan park is going to be that enticing post game on winter / wet / evening matches.
Secondly, they want over a third of fans to go by train, which is fair enough, but state that the nearest station, Sandhills, will only allow 2,500 fans an hour to board trains. This despite there being 10000 capacity per hour on the trains stopping at Sandhills. That’s just seems crazy and a massive hole in the plan, as it requires 2/3rds of fans using trains to walk 25-30 mins to other stations further away just to board the same trains.

Had a read through the transport planning documents and two things jumped out at me..
Firstly, they expect people to stay in the stadium site after matches for longer than they do now, spreading out transport demand. However they only mention the fan park as a way to encourage people to do this, not concourse bars. Hope this is wrong as I’m not sure the fan park is going to be that enticing post game on winter / wet / evening matches.
Secondly, they want over a third of fans to go by train, which is fair enough, but state that the nearest station, Sandhills, will only allow 2,500 fans an hour to board trains. This despite there being 10000 capacity per hour on the trains stopping at Sandhills. That’s just seems crazy and a massive hole in the plan, as it requires 2/3rds of fans using trains to walk 25-30 mins to other stations further away just to board the same trains.

Need to have a go at Merseyrail is it to get their finger out run football specials.

While I admit that I haven't read said document, there are a few points / aspects that instantly come to mind regarding how fans depart from the stadium.

I know Spur's can be open for up to two hours after a game although I suspect that it's based on the time of the fixture; you'd suspect a similar model for BMD.

With regards to trains, I wonder if they've factored in the size of Sandhill's platform as a measure and the point that more fans travel south (to the city) than North.

While the trains can hold x-number of passengers, especially with an increase on the new rolling stock, some of the capacity will already be held prior to Sandhills.

I regularly get the train to and from the match with Kirkdale my preferred station, and it's often close to capacity if you get the train straight after the match.

Obviously Sandhills has more trains, being the junction for three lines rather than two, but it'd still be uncomfortable and that's before an increase in capacity.

I doubt it will ever happen in the short to medium term, but an additional stop between Sandhills and Moorefields would help alleviate some of the pressure.

I know Spur's can be open for up to two hours after a game although I suspect that it's based on the time of the fixture; you'd suspect a similar model for BMD.

I think this would be the way to go, keep the bars on the concourses open, media, entertainment on the plaza etc....so rather than 50,000 people leaving asap, people like me who would like to stick around can.

That would aid dispersal and onward travel

While having a morning coffee in a local café today, I scanned through the Mail and read an interesting snippet on high finance.Some French guy is buying Tiffanys for £9 billion, and has raised the money in 5 tranches spread over 2 to 11 years. 2 of the tranches are at negative interest, in other words those banks are paying him to borrow, the remaining tranches average less than 0.5%, so again they are effectively paying him to borrow. Different world from us mere mortals.

i enjoy the balanced debate in this thread mostly because of brave guys like @davek happy to use to logic and politeness in tandem. he should be made mod of this thread with full powers to mute dissenters and trolls.

That's all I ever try to do mate. It's heavy weather sometimes, but an alternative has to be put forward by me and others.

I;d suggest that those with a Pollyanna view of the stadium issue and BMD revisit or familiarise themselves with the threads from when Kirkby went tits up in 2009, and they'll realise the extent of betrayal felt back then and why no blue should ever give the benefit of the doubt to the club's owners.

While I admit that I haven't read said document, there are a few points / aspects that instantly come to mind regarding how fans depart from the stadium.

With regards to trains, I wonder if they've factored in the size of Sandhill's platform as a measure and the point that more fans travel south (to the city) than North.

While the trains can hold x-number of passengers, especially with an increase on the new rolling stock, some of the capacity will already be held prior to Sandhills.

I regularly get the train to and from the match with Kirkdale my preferred station, and it's often close to capacity if you get the train straight after the match.

Obviously Sandhills has more trains, being the junction for three lines rather than two, but it'd still be uncomfortable and that's before an increase in capacity.

I doubt it will ever happen in the short to medium term, but an additional stop between Sandhills and Moorefields would help alleviate some of the pressure.

I thought that it would be like Spurs, with bars open in the stadium to stay after the match for drinks / snacks etc but it is implied that this is not the case and if you look at the interior plans I’m not sure there is the space allocated for this. The concourses aren’t that big and they would be needed for fans to safely exit the stadium. I.e. not blocked by people having a pint. I’ve not been to the Spurs new stadium but would be interested to hear how they have set up the post match facilities?

I agree that Sandhills is probably is not configured to currently allow all the fans that want to access the trains that stop there, but it seems a bit short sighted not to include plans / money to solve this..

That's all I ever try to do mate. It's heavy weather sometimes, but an alternative has to be put forward by me and others.

I;d suggest that those with a Pollyanna view of the stadium issue and BMD revisit or familiarise themselves with the threads from when Kirkby went tits up in 2009, and they'll realise the extent of betrayal felt back then and why no blue should ever give the benefit of the doubt to the club's owners.
Look at me post ALERT