New Everton Stadium Discussion

Pretty much. And it should be for you too. Because this club has spent the last 2 decades promising a state of the art stadium to its own fans and letting them down...ON 4 SEPARATE STADIUM PROJECTS.

They really should have to secure much more than this to have fans salivating.

PP gained + funds in place + spade in the ground = belief.
Ok, that's fair, but think there's a bit of a different infrastructure in place here. But yes, that is fair.

Pretty much. And it should be for you too. Because this club has spent the last 2 decades promising a state of the art stadium to its own fans and letting them down...ON 4 SEPARATE STADIUM PROJECTS.

They really should have to secure much more than this to have fans salivating.

PP gained + funds in place + spade in the ground = belief.

Hold on you can't say that, it was not the club but the respective owners/management which have been different. We are now in a position with the current owner/management where something is actually proceeding, a very different ball game to the previous decades to which you refer.

Your phrasing should have read:-

Plans drawn up - submitted for PP -PP given - funds realised - work commenced,

One way you are not looking at it is, if the owner/management were not serious why go to the enormous expense of such detailed plans being drawn up and submitted for PP which must must already cost a heck of a lot.

Regretfully I've had to put @davek on ignore here. I can't stand to watch someone make a fool of themselves. There is absolutetly no need for his negativity on what is a great thread.
I put that guy on ignore a couple of years ago. He’s so tedious and takes over every thread with negative comments about everything.
It’s a bit like Piers Morgan. You need to just ignore him rather than keep biting.

A lot of the stuff was stored on Knowsley's website; all the documentation regarding land development and transport access and egress for the KD stadium; organisations like Cushman and Wakefield produced detail financial reports of the stadium and its role; the club had their own library of stadium plan layouts....data that's largely been dumped now.
How convenient. Not denying Kirby went that far but I definitely don’t recall the extent of documentation for KD we’re currently seeing for BMD.

Destination Kirkby....it went on for 3.5 years; there was lots of detail. It went out for public consultation with every aspect of it covered. It had a government enquiry.

Are you really disbelieving that the scheme was widley assessed and documented? Stadium plan, transportation, finances, economic .

I'm disbelieving things like you until I have actually seen them, such as all this documentation that you claim was open to the public, that I for one never saw. Are you believing that the Kirkby Dome was practically free ?
That Goodison would not pass it's safety certificate?
A story built on lies right from the start and your somehow using this crap as your proof. Behave Dave your losing all credibility.

Dave's back 5 minutes and heads are falling off AOTS.
He doesn't even have to try any more. It's a pleasure to watch a true master at work.

Welcome back @davek xx

It's not that funny is it really.

He gets banned, comes back instantly starts his wummery completely derailing thread(s). Mods do nothing about him once again, even after the thread @GrandOldTeam made.

Just catching up and from what I remember......

King's Dock was just a CGI and a discussion about the parcel of land. Don't recall anything else ever being public.

For Kirkby @davek is right, there was a lot of documentation, you can't have the government and barristers getting involved without it.
For the stadium itself, although a shocking design, it was large. I remember viewing the floor plans which were available and recall large parts of the stadium being left empty for possible future use as a museum, shop etc. There was very little imagination. There were also mock ups from Kirkby town centre etc.
Therev were also other documents, environmental impact, retail impact, transport strategy etc. Ultimately it was never going to be passed as there was just too many obstacles to overcome, notably a desperate transport plan, a detrimental effect to neighbouring Liverpool shopping centres (due to departure from the regional framework) and very direct questions about funding (including who would benefit from a future sale of the club).

I don't think this scheme compares with either of the above.There seems to be a real will from stakeholders to see this through and there's no real opposition.