New Everton Stadium Discussion

Even so, that lapse will now allow us to be in a new stadium before Chelsea. I think their planning application approvals runs out in March of this year, meaning they’ll have the long slog of public consultations, redesign to meet up-to-date standards, finding an alternative home whilst building work progresses, etc.

They're stuck without RA bankrolling it. lol They've overstretched themselves with their design, you've been sensible, so you get a new stadium first. ;)

They hired the people who designed the Birds Nest in Beijing, it's a ridiculously lavish design, every single component looks like it needs to be made to an individual spec, there was talk of it needing 6 million bricks for the exterior. Last count they were talking about it costing £1.5bn, and there's no way it would've stayed at that either.

Compared with yours, every truss repeated across the roof, the stands, absolutely clear Meis is going for efficiency...

BMD

B4WMsp3.jpg

Chelsea

i

To be fair to Chelsea, they've got a hell of a weird plot to build on so that dictates some of their design, but still...

Anfield was considered a failure for this due to the lack of things to do around the ground. Newcastle being in the centre was much more favourable.

Correct. Exactly why most fans that went there for a game rave about the Millenium stadium in Cardiff as its right in middle of city surrounding by pubs, shops and eats

Why, what's happened?

Laing O'Rourke have been secured should there be:

A/ planning permission
B/ objections seen off
C/ funding for the stadium secured

We're still very much at the stage of unicorns.

Are you still maintaining,by the way, that that enormous planning application is all a ruse to keep gullible fans onside?

Correct. Exactly why most fans that went there for a game rave about the Millenium stadium in Cardiff as its right in middle of city surrounding by pubs, shops and eats
The views and acoustics of The Millennium/Principality are also very, very good. I've been there a few times for the Six Nations, and each times it's been fantastic!

Why, what's happened?

Laing O'Rourke have been secured should there be:

A/ planning permission
B/ objections seen off
C/ funding for the stadium secured

We're still very much at the stage of unicorns.
DAVE! We were worried there would be no one to spout repetitive lies about it, but thankfully those fears are assuaged! I know your first reponse to hearing the news was to give up and drown yourself in a weeklong bender, but Im proud to now see you've managed to shake your self off, stumble out of the gutter and yell to the world "NO, they CANT beat me, if theres a million to one chance, theres still a CHANCE!".

They're stuck without RA bankrolling it. lol They've overstretched themselves with their design, you've been sensible, so you get a new stadium first. ;)

They hired the people who designed the Birds Nest in Beijing, it's a ridiculously lavish design, every single component looks like it needs to be made to an individual spec, there was talk of it needing 6 million bricks for the exterior. Last count they were talking about it costing £1.5bn, and there's no way it would've stayed at that either.

Compared with yours, every truss repeated across the roof, the stands, absolutely clear Meis is going for efficiency...

BMD

B4WMsp3.jpg

Chelsea

i

To be fair to Chelsea, they've got a hell of a weird plot to build on so that dictates some of their design, but still...
I honestly thought Chelsea’s design was hideous. I know a lot of people loved it but it is certainly the marmite of stadium designs.

Let’s hope Chelsea’s demise continues.