New Everton Stadium Discussion

I can see what you are saying and I did think that but there are also other points to consider. Even if you had 27,000 tickets it would still be a fair old percentage of all tickets available compared with most other clubs and only leave 9k for general sale. I understand ours is 32k + away = 4k. Those 4000 are paying the most for the very worst seats in the house and might find it difficult to get 4 tickets for a day out. Not really fair is it?
True. Clearly it's a difficult balancing act. Hopefully the club will take everything into consideration when assigning STs at the new stadium.

That is the single biggest worry I have about the move.

I think it's the right thing for the club commercially, redeveloping Goodison is probably not feasible given the space constraints. Much as it's our home I don't think we can continue to expect folks to put up with obstructed views, inadequate toilets etc. I worry though about what will be lost. The atmosphere, the sense of history locked in those stands, the memories of past games, the routines of individual matchgoers locked into whichever local boozer they've made their own.

A lot of the new grounds seem lacking in atmosphere. The Etihad looks incredible, but it's a bit of an antiseptic experience as a fan if that makes sense?

I think it's the right thing for the club commercially, redeveloping Goodison is probably not feasible given the space constraints. Much as it's our home I don't think we can continue to expect folks to put up with obstructed views, inadequate toilets etc. I worry though about what will be lost. The atmosphere, the sense of history locked in those stands, the memories of past games, the routines of individual matchgoers locked into whichever local boozer they've made their own.

A lot of the new grounds seem lacking in atmosphere. The Etihad looks incredible, but it's a bit of an antiseptic experience as a fan if that makes sense?

Yes, there are understandable worries about what will be lost. But these will undeniably be compensated by what we gain. A city centre location (granted some work to be done in developing the area between stadium and commercial centre of city but much of that can bridged over next 3-4 years as stadium is built out.

We will have one of - if not the - best located stadiums in the league. It will arguably be one of favourite away trips for opposition fans and could be a tourist magnet of its own right (football permitting). Pre / post match beers in walkable Liverpool CC with that ground as a backdrop. Quite the attraction.

arsenal were good before they moved though, we arent

The size constraints could have been removed by buying out properties on Goodison Rd and doing a deal over the Bullens Rd school. Wouldn't cost more than a few million. A cheap way to expand the GP footprint -- certainly compared to the £100m needed to expand the BMD footprint by way of infilling the dock. Let's face it, the BMD decision makes no sense in a pure footballing sense; it only starts to make commercial sense in the context of the investment opportunities that Moshiri and Usmanov see in playing the key role in attracting and channeling investment money into the area from London and beyond.

The size constraints could have been removed by buying out properties on Goodison Rd and doing a deal over the Bullens Rd school. Wouldn't cost more than a few million. A cheap way to expand the GP footprint -- certainly compared to the £100m needed to expand the BMD footprint by way of infilling the dock. Let's face it, the BMD decision makes no sense in a pure footballing sense; it only starts to make commercial sense in the context of the investment opportunities that Moshiri and Usmanov see in playing the key role in attracting and channeling investment money into the area from London and beyond.

That's all a bit Anfield that...