New Everton Stadium Discussion

Well, this is from your own website:

layou8.png

We are proposing a stadium capacity of 52,000 with the potential for that to rise to 62,000 in the future, subject to further planning permission.

The projected capacity takes into account several factors which include design and orientation of the stadium on a dock site, current and future ticket demand and forecast revenues and costs.

The stadium will also be ‘futureproofed’ for any changes in regulations in relation to ‘safe standing’.

The design of two of the stands (north and south) will allow for rail seating and, in future should the law change, a safe standing solution would offer optionality and flexibility.

If nothing is mentioned in the planning app it'll be because it doesn't need to be yet. A further planning app after the stadium is built will be required to make #3 happen and to make #2 happen will merely require a change in the law. As long as the stadium is built with these in mind, so it's easy to do in future, that's all that's needed now.

That said, I'm very sceptical anything like #3 will ever be allowed in this country. Maybe sometime down the line we'll get to safe standing with ratios greater than 1:1 but I can't see anything that cosy happening. 750mm isn't even a deep row!

Highly unlikely mate.
The only way would be if legislation - when passed - were to be a ratio greater than 1:1.
Exactly ,that may be what they are anticipating ,hence the other posters comments . I for one loved the all standing all around the ground .Yes it was a bit hairy but all added to the atmosphere.The problems with all standing are not so much how it is when you are in ,it is what happened when they let thousands more in at the back with no supervision.
I have been at Goodison when it was so packed that as a teenager I could lift my feet off the ground and not fall. You didn't only know what the man next to had eaten you could feel it .

layou8.png

If nothing is mentioned in the planning app it'll be because it doesn't need to be yet. A further planning app after the stadium is built will be required to make #3 happen and to make #2 happen will merely require a change in the law. As long as the stadium is built with these in mind, so it's easy to do in future, that's all that's needed now.

That said, I'm very sceptical anything like #3 will ever be allowed in this country. Maybe sometime down the line we'll get to safe standing with ratios greater than 1:1 but I can't see anything that cosy happening. 750mm isn't even a deep row!
My memory was that the ratio was 1 : 1.8
This would mean that option three in your examples would have nine people standing instead of twelve and it would not be as cramped then.

layou8.png

The image of number 3 is not selling it to me, for obvious reasons.

Half of me wanted one of those futuristic looking stadiums but the warehouse looking thing we've gone for is perfect for the location.

From that video, hearing it in an American accent, i feel like we're putting the city and the river Mersey back on the map.

From watching dodgy American streams I can only assume they think the city only has anfield.