New Everton Stadium Discussion

So maybe a spade in the ground this time next year. If there is no planning issues and we have the money.

I think once PP has been granted, then things will start to move quickly, and I'm sticking with what I said the other week

Assuming planning permission goes in before Christmas, then I think the earliest realistic date to see us starting preparing the site is July 2020.

Could there be delays from the initial groundwork of the dock site / travel infrastructure to the roads etc?
Yes there may be delays because of the complexity of the necessary foundations, however there isn't any evidence to suggest this is the case as of yet.

Will the complexity of the foundations and heritage elements ensure that the project may take longer to complete that other similar sized stadia?

That's a more likely option, but it shouldn't make a huge impact on time scale if things have been done properly during the initial stages.

Planning permission application was submitted on the 23rd December

Anybody know if the documents are available to read online yet? I guess most will be dull for most of us but some of them and some images should whet the appetite. I notice from the app that the seats seem to be separate from each other. More room, hopefully for us fatties.

I know they said the car park has been moved, I've watched the video and can't see where it's gone, is it inside the stand that backs onto the River? I think it's good they removed the "Everton" off the glass behind the end that backs onto the Dock road, but I think that will get sponsorship on it. I just hope we get a prestigious brand for the new stadium and not something tacky

I know they said the car park has been moved, I've watched the video and can't see where it's gone, is it inside the stand that backs onto the River? I think it's good they removed the "Everton" off the glass behind the end that backs onto the Dock road, but I think that will get sponsorship on it. I just hope we get a prestigious brand for the new stadium and not something tacky

Yes. Carpark now part of the stand on the riverside. Still a small one right on the river.

Anybody know if the documents are available to read online yet? I guess most will be dull for most of us but some of them and some images should whet the appetite. I notice from the app that the seats seem to be separate from each other. More room, hopefully for us fatties.

As the docs are uploaded, you'll be able to see them here