New Everton Stadium Discussion

Following on from this, does anyone know what ball park timeline we are looking at?

Planning has gone in, when will we know the if this has passed? When will we know if this is going ahead or if it will be called in as per Kirkby.....

I`ve no idea so bowing to others knowledge

Echo yesterday reckoned 16 weeks for planning approval decision, which would put us around mid-April.

Looking back at Kirkby project, that planning app was approved 09/06/08, and then called in by government on 06/08/08, then rejected on 25/11/08.

So, mid-April for council decision, then maybe June to know if it gets called in.

What's the appeals process in England like, you just know There'll be a bunch of septic reds will lodge a complaint based on traffic or world heritage, what's the Liverpool based reds take on it? Here in Ireland I've heard a few going on about how it shouldn't be allowed on a world heritage site, like they actually give a sh1t about what happens to Liverpool's status as world heritage. But appeals in Ireland can set projects back years.
We have not made people homeless like the RS did

Following on from this, does anyone know what ball park timeline we are looking at?

Planning has gone in, when will we know the if this has passed? When will we know if this is going ahead or if it will be called in as per Kirkby.....

back end of spring/summer before it’ll be ready for the committee meeting. Doubtful it’ll get called in for a public enquiry unless there’s some serious political plotting going on. I’d imagine work to start spring 2021

Just think if Jeremy got in and put taxes up the likes of Mosh and Ussy would have done a bunk and then no stadium or WC players. Take care what you wish for

But what if he had won and the rest of the country got to enjoy the level of spending on public transport that London has taken to expect for decades? We might have had a new train station next to BMD newly reopened lines and stations all over the city region and a regulated bus service taking fans to and from the stadium, amongst other things.

back end of spring/summer before it’ll be ready for the committee meeting. Doubtful it’ll get called in for a public enquiry unless there’s some serious political plotting going on. I’d imagine work to start spring 2021
I think it may be a faster time-scale than that. Planning could be approved by April which would mean the build would probably start early September,
unless some glory-hunting Kopite Tory MP (Michael Howard?) starts making mischief.

I think it may be a faster time-scale than that. Planning could be approved by April which would mean the build would probably start early September,
unless some glory-hunting Kopite Tory MP (Michael Howard?) starts making mischief.

i don’t think it’ll be that quick, it’s going to take donkeys to get it up on the planning portal, do the rounds of the various council departments for feedback etc (you’ve got all environmental aspects and environmental health for food outlets etc). Then it needs to go to committee, you’ll definitely have complaints lodged from the normal activists (green, transport, heritage etc).

i don’t think it’ll be that quick, it’s going to take donkeys to get it up on the planning portal, do the rounds of the various council departments for feedback etc (you’ve got all environmental aspects and environmental health for food outlets etc). Then it needs to go to committee, you’ll definitely have complaints lodged from the normal activists (green, transport, heritage etc).

Do you reckon we are looking at the start of the 2024 season then mate? They said it would take around 3 years didn't they for the build?

Approx 16 weeks for a decision.

Tremendous news on the whole, a stadium and manager double.

Contrast the mood with that of a few weeks ago _ From absolute despair to total elation - footy - particularly Everton - is like schizophrenia
Well put!
I visited your fair and dilapited Liverpool for the Norwich game, saw the next few on the telly and was despairing that Christmas really is going to suck bigtime. What a change one Dunc and a little bit of good business can make! Upwards and onwards!!!!

A few months if it all goes smoothly. During that time there will be consultations on the full plans, opportunities for people to comment, object, support etc.There will be a few planning committee meetings, which might make recommendations for changes (hopefully nothing major at this stage). The final meeting will allow people to speak in favour or against the plans.

So probably a bit of back and forth between the club and the council to come, but if everyone at Everton's end have done things right, hopefully nothing major (iirc the council planning bods objected to the aethetics of the West entrance for our new stadium so planning permission was granted on condition it was redesigned, so that kind of thing can happen).

It's not going to get called in. Call me cynical but this is perfect for Johnson. We Brexit, and a few months later a major project in the north is given the go ahead "proving" Brexit hasn't affected investment (ignoring the bubble Prem clubs live in). No way will his government calls it in. It'll be a bauble on Johnson's otherwise bare Brexit tree.

When will you know if it's going ahead? As far as I know you haven't started tendering for a main contractor yet. When you see that happening you can be pretty confident this won't be Kirkby MkII. But to be honest, the level of professionalism I've seen so far makes me pretty confident it's a goer anyway.

Good luck, and Merry Christmas! :cheers: