New Everton Stadium Discussion

Drove down the dock road today lots of work going on and I mean lots .Making the roads wider and brand new pavements being done and am not just talking a few meters maybe a mile or of road and pavement works .Am seeing this as a good sign for us as ? why would they be spending money on making the roads wider and new pavements if not for an expected increase in people in the near future maybe ?

These roadworks were originally scheduled before any talk of BMD, they were meant to be completed this year though, so whether delay may have been down to alterations caused by the ground.
The speed they work at the ground will probably be built before the roads done.

Video keeps crashing for me. Looks like they've completely changed the external West stand side as the car park space looks completely different and the brickwork section on that stand is a lot deeper now so I wonder if the car par is not almost attached to that side stand? Either that or the corporate hospitality on that side of the stadium will be huge
I did think, but couldn’t quite bring myself to say, that it looks a bit... bigger.

I don’t want to get too excited. Might just be the perspective.

I did think, but couldn’t quite bring myself to say, that it looks a bit... bigger.

I don’t want to get too excited. Might just be the perspective.

The outside has deffo been redesigned cos it looks huge on one side of the stand. All we need now is for them tk confirm the home end is even bigger and capacity is about 55/56k and happy days all round!

Deffo mate, and it looks like they've binned off the 2/3 storey car park as it just looks like a car park with a thin roof on. I wonder now if part of the car park will be inside that huge external brickwork part now attached to the west stand

yeah that huge flat roof bit is new isn't it ?? cant remember it like that at all.

the plans have defo been altered dramatically

yeah that huge flat roof bit is new isn't it ?? cant remember it like that at all.

Can't wait until tomorrow now

10am Carlo press conference where he confirms how he plans our world domination

12pm Zlatan parachutes in and signs a short term deal whilst at the same time Tosun is fired from a cannon.

2pm planning application submitted and new renders revealed.

I got told that wind tunnel testing had shown a potential problem with dangerously high winds between the buildings, so I guess it makes sense that they have reduced the size of the separate car park and moved a lot of the parking to the stadium side.

I can't say I noticed any differences tbh, maybe it's because I didn't pay enough attention before, or maybe it's because it's so long since I last looked.

The car park does bother me though, the idea of cars driving through the fanzone and across that bridge to get there seems a bit chaotic to me.

I can't say I noticed any differences tbh, maybe it's because I didn't pay enough attention before, or maybe it's because it's so long since I last looked.

The car park does bother me though, the idea of cars driving through the fanzone and across that bridge to get there seems a bit chaotic to me.

Need to make sure the fans can swim when they jump out of the way.lol