New Everton Stadium Discussion

Fair enough mate, to each their own, I’d just disagree. I don’t think you need to be 100% certain, but you do need to manage risk and there are lots of variables at play now that won’t be in 3 months time.

Value of the land, cost of labour and materials, funding and schedule could all change in that period, and have probably all changed in the last 12 months too, which is why deciding when to push the ‘Go’ button is incredibly important and not simply a case of near certain forecasting.

Your very first example of things which could change show a lack of knowledge of the project, so I hope you employ skilled Project Managers in your business.

We will ( subject to planning permission ) be leasing the land from Peel.

Also, cost of labour and materials will have upper and lower bounds ( probably at a range of 90 to 10% ) applied on the estimates to aid in producing a contingency number. There will be ongoing conversations with contractors to determine what level of financial risk sits with the contractor, and what lies with the club.

There are quite a few businessmen post on here, and one very successful one on Toffeeweb. If you ever need a bit of mentoring help in pushing your business forward then there's at least one Everton related group on linkedin who had happily offer a bit of advice. We can all learn from others experience, both successes and failures.

Liverpool Waters tweeting about BMD on a Sunday suggests to me that there might be news on Planning Permission this week ?

Admittedly, if we're going to put in for PP this month then I'm not exactly sticking my neck out on this, and risk "No Sh-one-tee Sherlock" type comments