New Everton Stadium Discussion

Can you link me up to the company who has got the contract to survey EFC new ground?

No why would I.

Losing the will to live here..... nobody will grant/give/donate or finance a project of this size until certain conditions are met..it will have a contingency plan. The first thing investors will look at, do u have planning permission, that includes surveys

You might be right, but I think you're showing a massive lack of understanding of basic business decision making. The vast majority of the costs associated with putting in a planning application have already been incurred, so they might as well finish the first part of the job and put the application in.

By the time permission is granted, the situation on Brexit ( which may influence the financing ) should me much clearer. In the unlikely event that the finances aren't working at that time, then they can mothball the project, knowing PP is sorted.
Talk to the wall mate, you get more understanding... on a personal note; I don't mind taking on Wummers if I have a nothing else on at the moment, but I have to go out and take the kids to the swings soon

I'm sure we got the email about renewing season tickets saying that we will be getting contacted in mid December? Perhaps the renewal packs will be sent out at the same time as PP goes in and will contain more information about the plans for BMD.

I'd say our new stadium to get built requires not only for EFC to stay in the PL but to get top 4...regularly.

To do that EFC need to get things right on the pitch first and foremost. Therefore you have to appoint a manager to be able to get things right on the pitch...someone like Diego Simeone for example...a real man manager who can get the best out of what he has to work with.

So until EFC appoint the right manager everything is at a stand still...know wat I mean?
ah mate stop it

You’re correct, once planning permission is in, much of the planning, work and finance has been completed, but the clock also starts ticking at that point too.

By law, there is a finite period (I believe, 3 years) where by, if circumstances changed and the club weren’t able to commence work for whatever reason, they would be forced to make a new application and double up on any associated costs.

Mothballing the project (or appearing to do so) once planning permission for something like this is granted, is an unlikely option - one that would cause a great deal of unneccessary concern and publicity.

It’s much wiser to hang on a few months, ensure the safety of the club on the pitch, assess the economic environment after the political climate has settled and make some firm decisions at that point.

That’s me with my naturally risk-averse hat on as a business owner.

I know about the three year timescale, I mentioned it here ..

It's normally good for three years. If you've started work within three years then, so long as you hadn't obviously kicked things off just to get a tick in the box, you'd be allowed to complete. If you havn't started, you'd need to reapply, but, unless something material has changed in the interim, you'd almost certainly be approved again.

For a project like BMD, it'd be very unusual if it was less than three years, and fairly unusual to be more than that.

I'm a co-business owner, and, if you wait till everything is 100% nailed on, then you risk not growing your business effectively. At this point in time, if the board are 90%+ confident of securing the finances and have contractors all but ready to sign, then delaying pp for a few months makes little sense.

I'm a co-business owner, and, if you wait till everything is 100% nailed on, then you risk not growing your business effectively. At this point in time, if the board are 90%+ confident of securing the finances and have contractors all but ready to sign, then delaying pp for a few months makes little sense.

Fair enough mate, to each their own, I’d just disagree. I don’t think you need to be 100% certain, but you do need to manage risk and there are lots of variables at play now that won’t be in 3 months time.

Value of the land, cost of labour and materials, funding and schedule could all change in that period, and have probably all changed in the last 12 months too, which is why deciding when to push the ‘Go’ button is incredibly important and not simply a case of near certain forecasting.