New Everton Stadium Discussion

No chance that the building is dependent on consistent CL participation.

It’s probably based on consistent PL participation though, it would be fair to say.

Lot’s of large contracts are being parked until after the outcome of Brexit is known too. Not completely unrealistic to believe that may have some bearing on discussions, schedule, viability and costs too.

Wouldn’t surprise me if the club decide that waiting another 3 months (which in the grand scheme of things, isn’t that long) to assess the lay of the land, would be wise.

It’s probably based on consistent PL participation though, it would be fair to say.

Lot’s of large contracts are being parked until after the outcome of Brexit is known too. Not completely unrealistic to believe that may have some bearing on discussions, schedule, viability and costs too.

Wouldn’t surprise me if the club decide that waiting another 3 months (which in the grand scheme of things, isn’t that long) to assess the lay of the land, would be wise.

You might be right, but I think you're showing a massive lack of understanding of basic business decision making. The vast majority of the costs associated with putting in a planning application have already been incurred, so they might as well finish the first part of the job and put the application in.

By the time permission is granted, the situation on Brexit ( which may influence the financing ) should me much clearer. In the unlikely event that the finances aren't working at that time, then they can mothball the project, knowing PP is sorted.

You might be right, but I think you're showing a massive lack of understanding of basic business decision making. The vast majority of the costs associated with putting in a planning application have already been incurred, so they might as well finish the first part of the job and put the application in.

By the time permission is granted, the situation on Brexit ( which may influence the financing ) should me much clearer. In the unlikely event that the finances aren't working at that time, then they can mothball the project, knowing PP is sorted.

You’re correct, once planning permission is in, much of the planning, work and finance has been completed, but the clock also starts ticking at that point too.

By law, there is a finite period (I believe, 3 years) where by, if circumstances changed and the club weren’t able to commence work for whatever reason, they would be forced to make a new application and double up on any associated costs.

Mothballing the project (or appearing to do so) once planning permission for something like this is granted, is an unlikely option - one that would cause a great deal of unneccessary concern and publicity.

It’s much wiser to hang on a few months, ensure the safety of the club on the pitch, assess the economic environment after the political climate has settled and make some firm decisions at that point.

That’s me with my naturally risk-averse hat on as a business owner.

Can't reveal any sources atm just nothing will be happening on the ground front this year and into next year.

Spring at the earliest before anything is announced.
Utter rot...having planning permission increases the value, even if moshiri was going to sell the club the application would go in. The expensive part of the application has already been done, u are talking utter tripe

I'd say our new stadium to get built requires not only for EFC to stay in the PL but to get top 4...regularly.

To do that EFC need to get things right on the pitch first and foremost. Therefore you have to appoint a manager to be able to get things right on the pitch...someone like Diego Simeone for example...a real man manager who can get the best out of what he has to work with.

So until EFC appoint the right manager everything is at a stand still...know wat I mean?
You really don't have a clue do you?
The only thing that will scupper the deal is finance...and lack of that scuppers everything - from buying a coffee upwards.